• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Stewart said:
Which is exactly why I plan on getting Tobacco Road by Erskine Caldwell tonight. :D

I think I read that a long time ago-back before you discovered Scotland! Have you read Captains And Kings by Caldwell? I enjoyed that one very much, and it helped me understand what my poor history teacher was trying to drill into my brain about the Industrial Age in the US.

Oops, wrong Caldwell..Captains and the Kings is by Taylor Caldwell..still and good readh though.

1.) Storm Front: The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

2.) Taliesin by Stephen Lawhead. Just what I needed; more fantasy series to get addicted to :).

Since I last posted in this forum, I purchased a ton more books and a few more came courtesy of my dad's account on amazon (school books). :)

Ulysses- James Joyce (Finally!)
The Wild Boys- William S Burroughs
Junky- William S Burroughs
The Complete Short Stories of- Ambrose Bierce (Awesome so far...)
Abarat 2- Clive Barker
The Idiot - Fyodor Doesteovsky
I Am Charlotte Simmons- Tom Wolfe
The Satanic Verses- Salman Rushdie
.....a bunch more....I just can't see my bookshelf from here...too lazy as well...

Mary And The Giant, Philip K. Dick
Beyond Black, Hilary Mantel
Spoiler, Amanda Prantera
Tobacco Road, Erskine Caldwell

I bought a political biography from 1978 of then Chinese Communist strongman Deng Xiaoping, written apparently by some shady collective named Chi Hsin. Shall be an interesting read, to say the least (I hope...) :)

The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit, Sloan Wilson
Fifth Business, Robertson Davies
The God Boy, Ian Cross
Hangover Square, Patrick Hamilton
The Big Sleep and Other Novels, Raymond Chandler

Stewart said:
The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit, Sloan Wilson
Fifth Business, Robertson Davies
The God Boy, Ian Cross
Hangover Square, Patrick Hamilton
The Big Sleep and Other Novels, Raymond Chandler
I'm interested to know how many books do you buy a week or a month?

Stewart said:
It varies. But, at the current rate, I'm buying them at twenty five per month. :eek:
Wow! That's amazing, using simple math it means that you can cover 300 books a year !!
Now it's 25 books a moth which is estimated to around 6 books a week!! When do you find the time to read?? Plus you are always online ??
I wish I could reach this rate! :rolleyes: any advices??

Back