• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently purchased DVDs

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning
Oooh!!! I really want that! How is it? Is it better than the sequel?

I'm also really interested in Cinderella III - where the stepmother somehow casts a spell to reverse time and change events. So weird.

I haven't posted in here in awhile, but most recently, my boyfriend got Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition for Blu-Ray. I had actually never seen it before, so it was pretty cool. We watched the director's cut (I think)... it's pretty cool. I liked it (slow start though).

And I picked up Legend (Ultimate Edition) on DVD for only $7.99 at Best Buy. It was pretty awesome, I hadn't seen it since high school and Paul didn't really remember the beginning. So it was fun to watch.

Oooh!!! I really want that! How is it? Is it better than the sequel?

I'm also really interested in Cinderella III - where the stepmother somehow casts a spell to reverse time and change events. So weird.

Much better than the sequel. I really enjoyed it and was glad that I bought it.

And I really liked Cinderella III when I saw it on TV. I want to buy that one too!

Hmm, today I was shopping and bought Dracula 2000 and Elizabethtown.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 ~ 20th Anniversary Edition - 4 more episodes from one of my fave comedic shows.

Salo ~ The 120 Days of Sodom - Pasolini's updating of De Sade's book to Fascist Italy still remains one of the most transgressive films ever made.

The Last House on the Beach - Another Italian Last House on the Left ripoff that is better than the movie it's ripping off(though still not as good as The Night Train Murders). A nun and her students are taken hostage at a remote, coastal house by 3 bank robbers on the lam. Bad stuff ensues. Stars one of my fave 70's Italian actresses, Florinda Bolkan.

The Watcher in the Attic - creepy Japanese sexploitation, based on stories by Edogawa Rampo.

Savage Streets - 80's rape/revenge exploitationer, starring Linda Blair. This one just oozes sleaze.

The Ice Storm - Ang Lee's elegant adaptation of the Rick Moody novel, filled with 70's ennui and great perfs. One of my faves of the 90's.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 ~ 20th Anniversary Edition - 4 more episodes from one of my fave comedic shows.

Salo ~ The 120 Days of Sodom - Pasolini's updating of De Sade's book to Fascist Italy still remains one of the most transgressive films ever made.

The Last House on the Beach - Another Italian Last House on the Left ripoff that is better than the movie it's ripping off(though still not as good as The Night Train Murders). A nun and her students are taken hostage at a remote, coastal house by 3 bank robbers on the lam. Bad stuff ensues. Stars one of my fave 70's Italian actresses, Florinda Bolkan.

The Watcher in the Attic - creepy Japanese sexploitation, based on stories by Edogawa Rampo.

Savage Streets - 80's rape/revenge exploitationer, starring Linda Blair. This one just oozes sleaze.

The Ice Storm - Ang Lee's elegant adaptation of the Rick Moody novel, filled with 70's ennui and great perfs. One of my faves of the 90's.

Lots of good buys Lenny. I remember a lot of these on Aintitcool. Last House on the Beach sounds good. Is The Watcher in the Attic, the one with the clown on the cover? It sounded interesting.

GHOST DOG, The Way of The Samurai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on of my favorite movies

VA%20-%20Ghost%20Dog.%20The%20Way%20of%20The%20Samurai%20(OST).jpg

I bought Atonement and The Last King of Scotland for $4.99 each at Best Buy. Also got Baby Mama for close to ten bucks. Hopefully I'll get to watch at least one of them soon today.

I bought Atonement and The Last King of Scotland for $4.99 each at Best Buy. Also got Baby Mama for close to ten bucks. Hopefully I'll get to watch at least one of them soon today.

The Last King of Scotland-amazing movie,should be watched first.

Baby Mama-quirky and funny.

Heh, I ended up watching some of Baby Mama. So far, so good.
Did you see Atonement?
Yes, it was ok,I am glad I never bought the book.That is my opinion though,others loved it.:D I would say from the three on your list,Last King is amazing.

Anamnesis!
Got the X-Files: FTF/IWTB Blu-Ray in the mail today! Whoo hoo. Look like there are a lot of fun features. I'm excited.

Back