• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Short Fiction: Anne and her stories

"My task which I am trying to achieve is by the power of the written word, to make you hear, to make you feel - it is, before all, to make you see. That and no more, and it is evrything." Joseph Conrad

You did it!!!!! :) Happy New Year. Pass the tissues.

SillyWabbit, it's a powerful theme. Yet somehow, something didn't touch. But, it's your story.

New here...

...but!

This is one interesting thread!

Stewart, I would welcome your criticism when (if) I submit some of my own work. I find your comments to be enlightening, and you seem to be willing to put quite a bit of thought into them. I had a creative writing teacher who was less helpful than you have been here... and you have done it for free, too.

:)

It's... nice.

I think there's a lot more you could do with it, though. You could expand, talk about Anna's past before she became an old lady and perhaps find her younger voice. It sounds more like a prologue, to me.

As a thing on its own it is quite dull though. That's why I say is nice rather then saying its good.

Safia said:
I think there's a lot more you could do with it, though. You could expand, talk about Anna's past before she became an old lady and perhaps find her younger voice. It sounds more like a prologue, to me.

No, I don't agree. That's her story. That's it.

Stewart said:
I think this post has been attributed to the wrong person.

:rolleyes:

Back