• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Short Fiction: Anne and her stories

One last thing.

I think it would be better if the narrator was talking to another character rather than the reader but as one long piece of dialogue. :)

It reminds me of a short I wrote a couple of years back called Entertaining Mister Decker. I'll post that tonight or tomorrow. :)

MMMM, no lol Sorry, I like it as it is!!!

She is writing the story. She is writing it on the paper she was given by the guard. It's her voice. The story called me to write it that way. I can't change it :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
She is writing the story. She is writing it on the paper she was given by the guard. It's her voice. The story called me to write it that way. I can't change it :)

Might seem a silly question, but why is she writing that on the paper? I thought he wanted some nice tales of giants and derringdo, not her life story.

She doesn't like to talk about herself much, does she? Obviously she's an aged Jew but from where? Germany? Poland? Czechoslovakia?

It's sad when a life story is reduced to a few paragraphs. Why was the guard feeling particularly generous to give her the leaf of paper?

She becomes a woman but the last line seems more in line with a child's thinking. I don't, however, think she's retarded.

SillyWabbit said:
I have no idea, that's what she chose to write :)
I bet she was in so much trouble when he found out there were no stories about giant robotic ninjas and friendly lions.

Mile-O-Phile said:
She doesn't like to talk about herself much, does she? Obviously she's an aged Jew but from where? Germany? Poland? Czechoslovakia?

It's sad when a life story is reduced to a few paragraphs. Why was the guard feeling particularly generous to give her the leaf of paper?

She becomes a woman but the last line seems more in line with a child's thinking. I don't, however, think she's retarded.

SIGH! :)

But that is YOUR idea of the story, not mine. I don't want those details in there. I want it how it is. I like it how it is. OK, I don't like your writing. I find it very dull. I would not write it that way at all. I don't say that as an attack or to get back at you because you don't like the way I write. I am only telling you to show you what I mean. It's my story. I like it that way. There are reasons that the story is the way it is. She wrote what she wanted to write. I think it would be very boring if she wrote: I am a jew from Poland. There is no point in keep posting lol Because I am not going to agree with you. You don't seem to understand that I wrote it that way. I like it that way. It's not going to change :) Maybe YOU would write it another way. OK! That is fine! That's your way, not mine.

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
But that is YOUR idea of the story, not mine. I don't want those details in there. I want it how it is. I like it how it is.

I know. I just think you are selling yourself short.

OK, I don't like your writing. I find it very dull. I would not write it that way at all. I don't say that as an attack or to get back at you because you don't like the way I write. I am only telling you to show you what I mean.

Then say it on my thread and tell me why. ;) That would be appreciated.

I think it would be very boring if she wrote: I am a jew from Poland.

I never said that. I asked where she was from. :confused:

There is no point in keep posting lol Because I am not going to agree with you. You don't seem to understand that I wrote it that way. I like it that way. It's not going to change :)

Okay, although I don't want you to agree with me. I just want to see something other than enforced solipsism. You are one stubborn little bunny. Two words: Watership Down. :D

lol @ watership down

Mile-o, I have no interest on commeting on your story. I don't like it. I have my reasons and personal preferance is one of them. I don't like to comment. I'll comment if I like something but that's it. You do it your way. If you like it, great! Who am I to tell you if it is good or bad?

I don't think I am selling myself short :) For the 10000000th time! I like it how it is! You think Dan Brown is rubbish and you would never write the why he writes. Millions of people thing Dan Brown's stuff is wonderful. Who is right? Nobody! It's a matter of taste. You don't like the way I wrote the story. Fine. Ok. I like it! That's it, nothing more to talk about :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

I don't care. I don't write for them. I write for love. All of the painting masters and writers did not write for "the audience." They wrote because they loved it. Many did not understand their work and told them their stuff was crap. Many of the masters died poor... NOT that I am saying I am a master or anything great! I am simply stating that I write for love and nothing else. You don't like it. Fine. I don't care :) REALLY!

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
All of the painting masters and writers did not write for "the audience."

Typically, the painting masters' works were commissioned. I'd say that was for the audience. The literary greats spanning the years have written to record histories, ideas, and - again - for commissions. Again, an audience.

P.S. I'm off the "You don't like it. I don't care REALLY route" now. :)

No, you are totally wrong.

The most creative peope write for themselfs and are often missunderstood.

All the best work, in any media, are created by people with passion and an original vision. For every 100 crap blockbuster hollywood movie there is one "Amelie or Blade Runner."

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
For every 100 crap blockbuster hollywood movie there is one "Amelie or Blade Runner."

But Amelie and Blade Runner were still made for an audience. :confused:

If Jeunet or Scott had meant them to be personal works then the film would be sitting on their shelves at home and not covered in price tags in every DVD shop in the country.

So?

That's not the point. They did not make those movies for them. They made it for the love of art. Big studios and people the million people that create for the audience can only immitate. Their works are souless and lack vision. IF you do it for love. If you have talent then the audience will come.

Regards
SillyWabbit

I think this conversation is pointless :) Normally I won't argue on and on because there is no reason. I made my point. You made your point. I don't think you can ever understand where I am comming from. Maybe I can't understand where you are comming on! But we won't agree so... that's it :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

Hey Wabbit,
I liked your story. My only comment is that I thought it a little too short and needed a few gaps filled.
I found nothing wrong with the way she told her story.

You did say this was your gift didn't you? I applaud you for holding your tongue the way you have. That's why I would never be able to do what you do.

RaVeN

SillyWabbit said:
I think this conversation is pointless :)

It's not at all (just to disagree :) ). It's unnecessary but I wouldn't say it's pointless.

I don't think you can ever understand where I am coming from. Maybe I can't understand where you are coming on!

I'll try to explain then.

• SillyWabbit - You write because you love to write. What you produce, to you, is the story. That's it, that's the work. You are claiming that the story comes to you through the character like Gabriel (through Mohammed) producing the Qu'ran. Once it's complete, that's it. Paragraphs of love.
  • Mile-O-Phile - He writes because he has to write. It's not a pressure, it's a natural function: eat, sleep, defecate, procreate, write. Once the work is complete I'll review it and open it up for critique to find subconscious nonsense that I won't immediately spot. I invent the characters and write their stories. If I do a good job moulding a character's personality then they will lead the narrative. I won't say that the character wrote it. That's just authorial bull****. Once it's complete, I'll attempt to redraft it. Paragraphs of necessity.

I think that's where we are coming from. ;)

Back