• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Stewart is a question?

ShadyLady

She talked to Kale all night even though he was dead

Has anyone read Callie's Redemption by Rebekah Kasey? It delves into the psyche of one young woman, Callie MaCraw. I like the varied and unusual, and this book is it I would like others opinions.:flowers:

Rebekah,

This is why your threads were deleted. There are ways to promote a book, especially when the odds are against you, as they are when you take the self-publishing route. Posting on a book forum and not being upfront with members about who you are - indeed, recommending a book that you wrote and not saying you wrote it is flat out deceit.

Now, since you've said above that you "don't know Rebekah Kasey" I suppose it's time to say that I find that quite incredible, because the email address you used to register to this forum is the exact same one that, on this Palm Beach Post article, Ms. Kasey can be reached at.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I suppose the next question is why you would want to market such a book. I mean, let's take a look at the opening paragraph:
Calling her mother was something she had to do, but was dreading. Reaching for the phone on he bedside table. [not a complete sentence]She punched in the number, then hung up. I can't do this, she thought[needs comma] putting her hands to her face. She felt like she'd swallowed glass, as if her insides were sliced. Getting off the bed, she paced back and forth, running her fingers, through her golden blonde [tautology] hair. Her eyes like two sapphires that had lost their shine, body bent like an eighty year old woman, who'd given up on life. Suddenly she grabbed the phone and punched in her mothers' number. She couldn't worry her. Lord knows she had enough to worry about. Mildred answered on the first ring, sounding: tired, deflated, as if all her energy had been zapped out. "Momma, I'm okay," she said in a shaky voice.
Sheesh! In your excitement to get this book "published" didn't it ever occur to you to edit it? Typo on the second line aside (which goes well with later spelling errors) the main offender here is that you have no grasp of how to use commas and an apostrophe (unless Callie has more than one mother living at the same address). Maybe you should have put ShadyLady on the cover instead of Rebekah Kasey - I know I'd be embarrassed to attribute such an effort to my own name.

Opinions are like noses.

Opinions are like noses everyone has one. You're entitled to yours. If I were you I'd be embarrassed.:lol: Have a great day and keep reading.

If I were you I'd be embarrassed.:lol:
Damn, that's cutting, Rebekah. You really know how to hurt a guy when he's down. I can understand why you would be embarrassed if you were me: to go from such ineptitude to be able to use a comma properly: you'd be out of your league.

But wouldn't you like to answer the charges of deceit and the like before you go?

Have a great day and keep reading.
I'm having a great day.

It's been fun.

It's been fun, but I'm busy and don't have time for trivial things anymore.
Take Care. Good Luck. Have a fun day.:whistling:

This edition of How Not To Market Your Self-Published Rubbish, in which Rebekah convinced everyone to never touch her book with a 10-foot pole, was brought to you by Stewart.

Stewart: the choice of BAR'ers everywhere.

Back