• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Bible?

sirmyk said:
I just can't wait for The Bible 2 to come out. There'd be some messed up shit in that book.

I heard it's been delayed...they were thinking of using Britney Spears as the virgin...but then she went and ....well you know.... :D

Kenny Shovel said:
So, everyone got excited for a while and then decided that Good & Evil are more complex concepts that would appear at first sight.
This you can sort out in one afternoon, but days later and poor bobby is still left with his planet x conundrum. It all seems so unfair…

this is what i thought too. poor poor bobby......

Robert said:
No your not, your trying to stir something up.

Go away, Ya Krunk'd Foo, we don't need any trolls.

This is a worthwhile thing to converse about-though without those who are trying to light the fires and continuously going off on weird tangents. :D

SFG75 said:
This is a worthwhile thing to converse about-though without those who are trying to light the fires and continuously going off on weird tangents. :D

you should start a thread about it. ;)

jenngorham said:
"pot stirrers, a necessary evil?"

you want me to be serious....and to think...

I think all pot stirrers should be held down, stripped naked, and tickled by all the lovely ladies of the forum...... :eek:

how's that for thinking.... :cool:

SFG75 said:
Don't tempt me. ;) :mad:

oh go for it. it may be the hottest thread this month or it may die a miserable death but at least it would give us something to talk about other than planet x. i am soooo over planet x.

Robert said:
The bible contains 66 books, 39 books in the Old Testament and 27 books in the New Testament. There were over 40 different authors. Moses is credited with writing the most books in the Old Testament, Paul with writing the most in the New Testament.

Catholic Bible has 73 books. 46 in the Old testament and 27 in the New testament.

aube said:
Catholic Bible has 73 books. 46 in the Old testament and 27 in the New testament.

ummm...so yeah, which bastardized, customized, revised, re-told, re-perspecitivized, re-biased, re-printed version of this fable is the "correct" version to read if one was planning on trying to get through this mess? I don't mean which one is "right" for you. I mean which one is the worldwide accepted "real" version that's as close to the original writtings as possible?

On topic: I started to try to read through from beginning to end, and couldn't make it. I really believe that the percentage of "christians" that have read the entire thing from beginning to end is very, very small. Most like to pick and chose the passages to meet their particular needs and desires. It's easier to justify your actions when you only use bits and pieces of it.

I could not believe that any real God would have so much bias against females, and allow innocent children to pay for the sins of their parents. The very idea that we are born with sin keeps me from ever wanting to believe in that kind of God.

The only thing people need to use to live by is:

"Do unto others, as you would have then do unto you."

Which is not from the bible, but could save people so much time, energy, hatred, and hypocracy.

Back