• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Da Vinci Code

That's ok. They let you join didn't they? Your brother's rabbit is more than welcome here.

RaVeN

oh,...Dan Brown...books.. movies and more stuff like that. :)

oldboy said:
it might actually be better as a film [i'd hope]

Well, you wouldn't have to wade through page after page of vacuous prose. Although it was basically a film written as prose I don't think a good film can be made from it - just some drivel for next summer.

Abulafia said:
Well, you wouldn't have to wade through page after page of vacuous prose. Although it was basically a film written as prose I don't think a good film can be made from it - just some drivel for next summer.

Tell us how you really feel? ;)

You never know Abu, it might suprise you and be a good movie .... not that you'll go and see it mind (except maybe to throw popcorn at Tom Hanks :D).

Phil

Da Vinci code movie

i just heard today that they're doing a movie version of The Da Vinci code with an all star cast including Tom Hanks.

I haven't even read the book yet...it's at the top of my list. I was a junkie for the classics over the past year.

The DaVinci Code

The trailer's out, and I gotta say, it really makes me want to read the book. Which is something I'll do, once I get through Snow Crash.

Anyway, good cast, good director, spectacular story - this is gonna be huge.

Cheers

By the way, if you like Snow Crash, you might like the spoof of it, Headcrash, by Bruce Bethke.

Martin said:
The trailer's out, and I gotta say, it really makes me want to read the book. Which is something I'll do, once I get through Snow Crash.

I know that in America this is like spitting on Apple Pie, but:

I, on the other hand, am not looking forward to this movie. I didn't really dig Da Vinci Code all that much. I'm reading Foucault's Pendulum now and I can see why everyone is in a stir over the two. Eco really does it better. Besides all that, I think Tom Hanks really really sucks. We can set up my public flogging later if you want.

Sadly though, I have to agree that it is going to be huge.

Yeah, Foucault's Pendulum takes the complete content of The Da Vinci Code, chews on it for about thirty pages, before the characters reject it as one of the stupidest conspiracy theories of all time.

I don't see the point in releasing the trailer a year early unless they are planning on releasing the book on paperback in America and need a few more sales.

Martin said:

Cheers

A Howard film! I can't wait to watch it!

This is how it should have been from the start. Dan Brown's writing is just no good. . . . The DaVinci code should have gone straight to a screenplay IMHO. That resolves many, if not most of the problems I had with the novel.

Spitting on apple pie? Not here, not where I live. We have this segment of the US American population called the Christian Right, perhaps you've heard of them?

Of course, thier objections to the book have nothing to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of its art.

But Tom Hanks sux??? Them's fightin words!

Martin, you must know that mentioning the name "Dan Brown" on this forum is akin to standing in a field with a bull, wearing bright red, jumping up and down, and shouting "come get me!" :D

I agree i think the Davinci code will be much better as a movie than as a book(but dont take it as a sign of quality). Although i dont like the book i might go see the movie.

I would not say that Tom Hanks sucks but i think he is overrated.

Wabbit said:
Martin, you must know that mentioning the name "Dan Brown" on this forum is akin to standing in a field with a bull, wearing bright red, jumping up and down, and shouting "come get me!" :D
Yeah.

Ah well. I liked the trailer, and I very well might like the book. Taste, eh?

Cheers

Back