• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

Once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a moocow coming down along the road and this moocow that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo.

The Girl Who Kicked A Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson

It is estimated that some six hundred women served during the American Civil War.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of a braans must be in want of more brains. Never was this truth more plain than during the recent attacks at Netherfield Park, in which a household of eighteen was slaughtered and consumed by a horde of the living dead.

Pride And Prejudice And Zombies; Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith

Just had to throw in the second sentence, as it was a cool paragraph.:cool:

"Before she became the Girl from Nowhere--the One Who Walked In, the First and Last and Only, who lived a thousand years--she was just a little girl in Iowa, named Amy."

The Passage - Justin Cronin

"When I was quite small I would sometimes dream of a city - which was strange because
it began before I even knew what a city was."

The Chrysalids, by John Wyndham.

It pissed him off royally, but Commander Bronse Chapel couldn't help stumbling once again as the sand shifted from under his fast-paced footing.

"All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

When I was a young man just out of law school and eager to get on with my life, on a whim I briefly put aside my reading preference for fiction and history and bought one of those how-to books: How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life, by Alan Lakein.

My Life-Bill Clinton

Back