• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The new economy of book publishing

One other thing to consider how book can accumulate. If you average only 80 books in a year then that's 1600 books over the next twenty years; assuming that you purchase all or most of your books. If you have a souse that reads and he or she don't always read the same books, then the books will accumulate even faster.

You say that as if it were a bad thing.

The ongoing ebooks debate....

Though it will most likely be moved here, there is a fun debate going on in 'Introductions' on ebooks VS paper-bound. I am pleasantly surprised at the level of dedication and passion on this board regarding literature and books as a whole. *much clapping*

Please weigh in, by all means.

Meredith Greene

2ykx8qa.gif[

Not saying ebooks don't have their place, but ever try to cuddle with a child while reading an ebook aloud? Ew. I'll stick with paper, thanks.

Paper for me also, as many as I can get my hands on.

And the bargains for paperbound books are legion...Ever see used ebooks boxed up at garage sales with signs reading "Take the whole box for $2.00? Who says we have to pay retail for every book we buy?:innocent:

I can look at certain books on my shelves and remember the moment I discovered them and how cheaply I aquired them...

And the bargains for paperbound books are legion...Ever see used ebooks boxed up at garage sales with signs reading "Take the whole box for $2.00? Who says we have to pay retail for every book we buy?:innocent:

I can look at certain books on my shelves and remember the moment I discovered them and how cheaply I aquired them...

Yes! The book I am reading now (120 years old, Lew Wallace-The Fair God) I got it for 2 dollars.Can't wait for summer to go back to the flea market!(Glowing from the thought):lol:

Yes! The book I am reading now (120 years old, Lew Wallace-The Fair God) I got it for 2 dollars.Can't wait for summer to go back to the flea market!(Glowing from the thought):lol:

Ha! I KNEW you were a kindred spirit, Libra! The thrill of the hunt.. the lure of ancient tomes for just a few shekels:lol:

Ha! I KNEW you were a kindred spirit, Libra! The thrill of the hunt.. the lure of ancient tomes for just a few shekels:lol:

:lol: Not enough time! (I used to get the same thrills with shoes once.)Now I can't wait to see the mail woman!:whistling:

Back