• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The official 2012 apocalypse thread

They laughed at me at work because I took the 21st off. My response was, "If the world does end, would you really want to be at work when it happens? I don't want my last day on Earth to be in this god-forsaken place." They all laughed, but it looks as if we may be shutting down the office now as others have followed my lead and requested to be off next Friday.

I told the hubby that I wanted to party like it's 1999 - literally. We hung out together and partied all night during Y2K. Not because we thought all the doomsdayers were right, but, what if they were...

And if by some freakishly unlikely coincidence the world doesn't end next Friday, don't worry - there's another apocalypse right around the corner. And this time, by gum, they must have gotten it right!

When they start giving dates, I don't care what scriptures they twist, they're ignoring the ones that say no man knows the hour. They also get so caught up in their speculations( and it is fun to speculate) they skip over the rest of the New Testament that says to be ready at ALL times; live right today since it could happen anytime. The early church lived in constant hope that any minute they'd look up and see the Lord's return to set things aright. It made them bold and able to withstand terrible persecutions. That's how we should use end time prophecy studies..

All I know is that things have changed and I can't take that day off as I originally intended, so I hope it doesn't end until after I get home from work and start partying. I'd certainly hate for my last day on Earth to be in this god-forsaken hellhole.

I'd want it to be over quickly as well. I'm planning on dying near ground zero of an Extinction Level Event comet/asteroid.

I plan on becoming a zombie. Sounds much more fun than running from them. Embrace your true nature, says I. (Especially since without electricity, I'll be out of coffee in no time and virtually a zombie anyway.)

Back