• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The official 2012 apocalypse thread

I have to say that of all crackpot theories on how the world is going to end, I've always thought this is one of the more logical ones. The world will end, not because some invisible deity smites us or because of World War III or because of an alien invasion, but simply because... time runs out. There literally is no more time after that date.

At least not in Mexico.

So, what do you plan to do between now and the coming apocalypse?

Learning to play the trumpet. I figure if the world is going to end, and if both Gabriel and Heimdall turn out to be fictional, someone needs to be sounding the signal and it might as well be me. And yes, I'm taking requests.

Not really the end of the world so much as the end of this age. Whatever that means.

I am looking for a nice replica of that calendar. The larger the better.

The Apocalypse is going to be hell on gas prices.. ughhh.....
Will Book & Reader be gathering money to build a underground community, in which to have drunken elists book rants and rebuild the population???

Sounds good to me! :D

I personally feel that 2012 is a little late for the end of an age. I think we're already into a new age, I just hope that it turns out to be a little less bleak than the last.

I am sick and tired of these constant scares every now and again.
We had "everything is going to go down ...crap on 2000.Now this,that's why I don't enjoy books or movies that are about "the end of the world".

I better start digging a bunker.....:whistling:

If it happens it happens.

I'd like to start an online shop where these nuts, yahoos, flakes, and idiots can buy gas masks, body suits, and everything else.:lol: Something likestuff mentioned in these links. :innocent:

I like this idea so much I'm kicking myself that I didn't come up with it first. A service that makes it possible for those who are raptured by Jesus before the apocalypse to send out mail to those poor damned souls left behind to suffer under the Antichrist... for a yearly fee up until the apocalypse actually happens, of course. Talk about a can't-fail business plan.

Oh geezuz! I knew this would eventually come up. Although, I was hoping it wouldn't. I have been arguing with a friend for the past 2 months about it. He believes in all that shit, and I continue to tell him that he's nuts.

Just as the Maya culture is dead, so is their calendar.

I'll see you guys on December 28, 2012

Nah the LHC won't do anything. The real threat is the asteroid that's going to hit the Pacific.

It definitely seems to be an inevitability. We have a zombie escape plan at my house that involves running to lake erie and hot wiring a boat to Canada.

We're not very concerned that no one really knows how to hot wire a boat (or anything else for that matter). I figure adrenaline will kick in and it will all be smooth sailing :)lol: pun intended)

Back