• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Therapy Thread

Well lets see, I have some junk food and a happymeal toy collection, uhm, other than that I'm tapped.

I have a couple of those chocolate bottles filled with liquor, but I think they got squashed a bit. Chocolate goes fast around here unless something is wrong with it.

It has happened again - now for the fourth time in the month I've been coming here regularly - I click on a thread that looks interesting, and I read through it - this time all 8 pages and when I get to the point where I want to contribute with something I actually felt might be insightful and something I hoped might even be helpful to some I realise that the thread has been closed for reviewing by the Moderator team...

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to wait. Ah well, I suppose it *is* a nice enough thought that there are Mods watching over us... now I just wish I could get to the threads before they do lol

Jemima Aslana said:
It has happened again - now for the fourth time in the month I've been coming here regularly - I click on a thread that looks interesting, and I read through it - this time all 8 pages and when I get to the point where I want to contribute with something I actually felt might be insightful and something I hoped might even be helpful to some I realise that the thread has been closed for reviewing by the Moderator team...

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to wait. Ah well, I suppose it *is* a nice enough thought that there are Mods watching over us... now I just wish I could get to the threads before they do lol
I would suggest starting a similar thread to keep the discussion going, but (unfortunately) it will be quickly closed...

novella said:
Hey, doc, I like the way I opened up a vein back there and you just left me in the hall.
I thought you needed a good "bleeding-out" experience. Feel woozy yet? Also, it was a great lesson on differentiating between "vein" and "vane", no?

sirmyk said:
I thought you needed a good "bleeding-out" experience. Feel woozy yet? Also, it was a great lesson on differentiating between "vein" and "vane", no?

I think you mean 'vain' doctor. A Freudian omission. It's the Panama hat leading to repeat parapraxes, isn't it?

novella said:
I think you mean 'vain' doctor. A Freudian omission. It's the Panama hat leading to repeat parapraxes, isn't it?
No. I meant "vane". I have a fetish for weather vanes.

How's that goiter doing?

Hi Doc. Where ya been? Nice tan. I mean, if you like cancer and stuff.

I was wondering . . . why is there a societal prohibition against mixing cold cuts? It seems like only the Italians can get away with it. Ever ask for, like, turkey and bologna on a roll? They look at you like your head cracked open and all the brain goo is coming out. And the answer is not mayonnaise. Or cheese. They let you put cheese on anything, though. Why didn't they invent Cheesy Cheerios yet? I think it would appeal to the salty/savory junk food eaters who aren't satisfied with Count Chocula. Quaker Oats N Cheez?

How far out from my individual self should my concern for the world go? If it has to go as far as the slums of Rio or the brothels of Bali, I'm not sure I have enough to go around. What's the standard these days? Is it "anything on the news" deserves some time, especially if there are people in need? A boy in my son's class comes to school every day in dirty clothes or pajamas. But he's a decent frisbee player, so I'm sure he'll find a niche. It's all the others I'm worried about.

Um . . . do you want to share your thoughts?

Doctor, someone left part of an old sandwich in the waiting room. I think it was that letch guy. There's ants on it. It's making an unsanitary environment right next to the chair.

If Reubens layer sauerkraut, corned-beef / pastrami, cheese (Swiss) and Thousand Island Dressing (yes, the poorman sauce) to make a tasty ‘wich, I feel you are quite capable (and others should deem acceptable) mixing your variety of cold-cuts. Except for turkey and bologna... overdosing on vodka and Valium will solve that strange addiction.

The last 6 weeks i've felt really i guess easily annoyed and i just try and shut ppl down when they talk to me for i'd rather not engage them. I can feel myself getting irked over the smallest thing which for the year before it would not have affected me. I think i can trace it back to a friends idiotic racist statement which hit me(im not pc and rarely does ppl saying terrible things get to me but this did) i was also nearly mugged the other night due to my own poor judgement and my father being an idiot.I was coming home and I wanted to ring my dad to give me a lift from the station but my phone died on the train and I accidentally didn't get off so I arrived at the next and last stop rang him and said I'm in Drogheda can you collect me from the bus station. I walked from the train to bus station for it's easier because he is terrible with directions and I had no contact with him due to lack of phone. I walk down which takes ten minutes and proceeded to wait knowing most likely he would be late so there I am waiting at the station which is closed but at least a decent lit area, these two guys looking slightly dodgy and drunk come into the station park and talk around the corner while vaguely looking in my direction. At the time I thought I was being slightly paranoid but held my phone in a fist in my pocket just incase and I see my father flying by in the car doing one of his oh so witty 'pranks' and I walk up towards his direction and the guy starts engaging me in conversation about how there are no buses and tries to lead me to this massive timetable/sculpture to look up at the times. I half followed but was conscious of the fact that his hand is in his pocket with something of weight inside it. The other thought in my brain when I started talking to him was where did the other guy go! I noticed out of the corner of my eye the other guy moving slowly behind me but at a distance I then just walked away in the direction of the road. My dad drove into the car park while the two guys had gone behind the corner of the building so I leg it back past them to where my dad is and eat the face off him about his stupid little pranks and we drove away. I looked back to see if the guys are still behind the building as we leave but they are gone. I couldn't find them even though I looked, I didn't get overly scared during it all, which I assumed I would have done.

Eh i need a few days to relax and chill yo!

Back