• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tragedy in London

My dad was in London during the IRA bombings and he said they used to have sniffer dogs patrolling every station and did random searches. I know full airport style security wouldn't be practicle but what about searching every 10th person? It would at least increase the likelihood of one of the bombers being caught - and so acting as a detterent and then they could warn all the other stations. Seems strange to me that this suggestion hasn't been discussed in the media or in any of the other official channels.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Ben Franklin

What about we go find the sons-of-bitches and bomb their friggin' asses back to the goddamn stone age? (wouldn't take much.)

If we think he is in Afghanistan, then we say, hey, Afgan Mother f***ers, give 'em up or die. They say no, we drop a ca-billion tons of ordnance on their sorry asses.

repeat above process until bad guys are dead.

END OF PROBLEM!

leckert said:
What about we go find the sons-of-bitches and bomb their friggin' asses back to the goddamn stone age? (wouldn't take much.)

If we think he is in Afghanistan, then we say, hey, Afgan Mother f***ers, give 'em up or die. They say no, we drop a ca-billion tons of ordnance on their sorry asses.

repeat above process until bad guys are dead.

END OF PROBLEM!
if only it was so easy,what a world we live in! :(

If the US and England went on the all-out, world-wide rampage that is warranted by the actions since the Oklahoma City bombing, the UN, most of Europe, and a friggin gaggle of screamin' meemies in the US, would have a daggone water buffalo.

We have the resources.
We have the technology.
We have the justification.

When are we going to find the balls?

(Okay, I had to vent. I'm okay now.)

leckert said:
If the US and England went on the all-out, world-wide rampage that is warranted by the actions since the Oklahoma City bombing, the UN, most of Europe, and a friggin gaggle of screamin' meemies in the US, would have a daggone water buffalo.

We have the resources.
We have the technology.

Think a lot of people feel the same way as yourself,the goverments have no back bone :(

leckert said:

We have the resources.
We have the technology.

Whoa, slow down a minute. We already are at war with Iraq and were with Afghanistan and nothing useful came of it.
We need to be a bit cleverer than that and hunt down the actual perpertrators of the crimes not just blanket bomb towns killing innocent people who will then grow up hungry for vengenge and become the suicide bombers of tomorrow.

blue_smartie said:
Whoa, slow down a minute. We already are at war with Iraq and were with Afghanistan and nothing useful came of it.
We need to be a bit cleverer than that and hunt down the actual perpertrators of the crimes not just blanket bomb towns killing innocent people who will then grow up hungry for vengenge and become the suicide bombers of tomorrow.

f*** 'em. Someone knows where the bastards are. We offer enough money, and drop enough bombs, they'll surface.

leckert said:
f*** 'em. Someone knows where the bastards are. We offer enough money, and drop enough bombs, they'll surface.

I completely understand why you feel the way you do but this is about ideology - money means nothing.

blue_smartie said:

Hay, wait just a minute. How the hell can you say nothing useful came of it? How can you say that when a source of money has been cut off to the thugs. How can you say that when there are no longer mass murders of women and children. How can you say that when those torture chambers they called jails are no longer in operation. How can you say that when so many high level operatives have been captured. How can you say that in light of the fact that there have been democratic elections going on? Just because the job isn't finished yet, just because wmds were not found, doesn't mean nothing useful came of it.

And to keep things in perspective, the only time blanket bombing has been used was against the Iraqi army during the war. Never against innocent people.

We need to continue to develop intelligence to go after the leaders of these terrorist organizations.

blue_smartie said:
We already are at war with Iraq and were with Afghanistan and nothing useful came of it.
As far as Afghanistan goes, we are still at war, just not as publicly/media-hyped as we are with Iraq.

blue_smartie said:
That is exactly what we are doing, but, unfortunately, covert operations like Al Quida (sp?) leader assassinations take time.

leckert said:
f*** 'em.
I couldn't agree more. Let's send a missle up someone's ass!

blue_smartie said:
...money means nothing.
Money is the ideology in some ways.

Robert said:
Just because the job isn't finished yet, just because wmds were not found, doesn't mean nothing useful came of it.
A job like this is never finished. It may take fifteen years or longer to even see noticeable results.

sirmyk said:
A job like this is never finished. It may take fifteen years or longer to even see noticeable results.

True. Hell, with nuts like these coming out of the woodwork, it may never end. What would you consider to be a noticeable result?

Hi, can we please keep this thread away from the politics and religious aspects of all this. Please don't discuss Iraq etc. I know it's difficult. I want to vent just as much as the rest of you.

The last thing we want is this thread to descend into hate mongering and finger pointing. There are other places for that.

Let's keep the tread focused on the victims and our support for them and those that are trying to apprehend the bombers.

Thank you.

I thought I just asked this wasn't made political/religious?

Can you please drop it, Stewart :) <-- I added a smiley :D :p

Wabbit said:
I thought I just asked this wasn't made political/religious?

I don't consider correcting someone's reference to my nation as being either political or religious.

And the smilie wasn't a yawn. :(

I know, but the context is very much so. And it's gonna keep the topic going and I am trying to steer it away from that :)

Back