• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tree Huggers

Are tree huggers out-of-business?

With the sky-high prices at the pump, and American politicians (all-parties nonetheless) talking about drilling in Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico and others hot petroleum spots, will the Greenpeace activists raise their voices even louder in protest, or will they instead view the plight that our nation is in and ease up a notch (or two)?

What’s your position on the matter?

Should we ignore the activists and drill in our backyard? Should we, on the other hand, keep enduring the high cost of gas, and allow for the likes of Al Gore and Greenpeace to detour our nation into environmentalism?

In my view, we should not only drill in our back yard...

I'm curious. Do you still feel this way? (The bolded part)

I'm not too sure about such view points anymore. When I the bolded line I wrote, I keep thinking about the BP disaster. That's ongoing tragedy pisses me off big time. My thinking has been altered.

I'm not too sure about such view points anymore. When I the bolded line I wrote, I keep thinking about the BP disaster. That's ongoing tragedy pisses me off big time. My thinking has been altered.

How has your thinking been altered? In light of the BP mess, what do you think we should do about oil drilling?

Don't worry Aqua, when it comes to tree threads, the environmentalists' bark is usually bigger than their bite. But if you want to make like a tree and leaf, be my guest.:whistling::D

How has your thinking been altered? In light of the BP mess, what do you think we should do about oil drilling?

Altered in the way of environmental rape. I do not have kids but I do care about your kids future as far as the global environment.

I'm for an iron-fisted, heavy-handed moderation style. Let's toss people out left and right. Heck, I might even have to "lurk" in. What does everyone say?

Then the only people left here would be iron-fisted, heavy-handed moderators,very lonely.

I wonder if annoyng would be a reason to toss people out.*scratching head*

Back