• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming Summer Movies

Is there anything being released this summer that's actually worth seeing?

That's what I have been thinking ever since I saw the question.

I just saw an ad on Wanted with Angelina Jolie. Maybe that would be kinda interesting.

I very rarely venture into a cinema, and I am not a particular fan on mainstream Hollywood, but I am looking forward to The Dark Knight and Hellboy II.

That's what I have been thinking ever since I saw the question.

I just saw an ad on Wanted with Angelina Jolie. Maybe that would be kinda interesting.

I've had my hopes dashed against the rocks a few too many times, so I'll wait and see.

I think Hollywood is more concerned with eye catching graphics and special effects then they are a movie with an actual storyline and some good old fashioned dialog. I get tired of having to go brain-dead in order to enjoy a movie.

... I think Hollywood is more concerned with eye catching graphics and special effects then they are a movie with an actual storyline and some good old fashioned dialog. I get tired of having to go brain-dead in order to enjoy a movie.

I really couldn't agree with you more.

I got completely cheesed off with cinema some years ago – and then accidentally 'discovered' foreign-language cinema. The joy has been the rediscovery of cinema and the reminder that films can be entertaining without expecting you to switch off the brain.

There's nothing that is of interest to me. I'll be saving my pennies for other entertainment.

There's nothing that is of interest to me. I'll be saving my pennies for other entertainment.

That's a good way to look at it. A person can get a movie and a soda for about $12, it typically lasts for less then two hours and is usually a a let down. The same money on a good book can last days...

I don't know.. i'm all about the TV movies.. why am i going to spend so much money on a movie that may turn up sucking ya know?? at least with a movie on TV-- if you don't like it, you can change the channel!

which by the way, i saw a commercial about picoult's book "the tenth circle" -- apparently there's going to be a movie out about it -- does anyone know about this?

I think Hollywood is more concerned with eye catching graphics and special effects then they are a movie with an actual storyline and some good old fashioned dialog. I get tired of having to go brain-dead in order to enjoy a movie.

Well there is a quite big independent movie industry that delivers just that along with movies produced outside of america. You might have to look a bit harder to find it besides the flashy ads for the latest special effects movie.

A personal favourite is Hal Hartleys movies. Most end up with a love/hate relationship to his peculiar style of acting, but its well worth trying if you want something completely different.
I can recomment "Henry Fool" it even ties nicely into this forum as its about a socially inept garbage man that starts writing poetry.

I generaly only like indy films or forgein, because mainstream seem to lack something to be desired. BUT as embarrased as i am............i do love a few abba songs...........and want to see.........................
awww.icethesite.com_Images_MammaMiaMovie_MammaMiaPoster2.jpg

I don't know.. i'm all about the TV movies.. why am i going to spend so much money on a movie that may turn up sucking ya know?? at least with a movie on TV-- if you don't like it, you can change the channel!

which by the way, i saw a commercial about picoult's book "the tenth circle" -- apparently there's going to be a movie out about it -- does anyone know about this?

yeah, i found a link for the movie.. looks good ~>
YouTube - The Tenth Circle - Premieres 6/28 at 9PM/8C on Lifetime

and mamma mia.. i'm going with my girlfriend.. i'm not looking forward to it lol

I generaly only like indy films or forgein, because mainstream seem to lack something to be desired. BUT as embarrased as i am............i do love a few abba songs...........and want to see.........................
awww.icethesite.com_Images_MammaMiaMovie_MammaMiaPoster2.jpg

I'm not much of a fan of their music but I'm in awe of their refusal to reunite for $1,000,000,000.

And I also want to see Son of Rambo.

oh no! are ya kidding me? I am so sick of Sylvester Stallone.

I have been enjoying some subtitled movies. I saw one Chinese movie called "Lust and something...can't remember the whole title but it was good.

Libra, Son of Rambow (spelled with a "W") is not part of the Stallone film series. It's a British film about these kids who see the first Rambo movie and decide to make an action movie of their own. It got good reviews . . .

Count me out for Mamma Mia. I like some of ABBA's music as well but not enough to watch Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan sing and perform dance numbers to it.

Libra, Son of Rambow (spelled with a "W") is not part of the Stallone film series. It's a British film about these kids who see the first Rambo movie and decide to make an action movie of their own. It got good reviews . . .

Count me out for Mamma Mia. I like some of ABBA's music as well but not enough to watch Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan sing and perform dance numbers to it.

Thanks for clearing that one up! I thought when are they gonna stop with these Rambo movies!:lol:

Back