• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Usernames!!!! How did you get yours?

Elyse Mac said:
Elyse= my name that my mother got from "Somewhere in Time," Miss Elise McKinna if there are any christopher reeves enthusiasts out there.

Cool movie! Which Christopher Reeve were you most enthusiastic about? (I didn't realize there was more than one!)

Elyse Mac said:
Was just going to use "Elyse" but it was already taken. Tacked on Mac because it's the first part of my last name. Left out the clan name though in case there are any campbells present. -cuts eyes-

I like the "-Mac". Then I can call you "E-Mac", which is cool!

Elyse Mac said:
Pardon the typo. Has anyone ever told you how very sharp you are Leckert? You are just all over it.

I've been told I'm full of it, about to get it, don't get it, and in the middle of it. Don't think I have ever been accused of being all over it, though!

Thanks!

:D

(I think you will find many of our members much sharper than I!)

leckert said:
(I think you will find many of our members much sharper than I!)
Yes, leckert isn't the sharpest shovel in the toolshed when it comes to cleverness and guile responses. But at least he's around a lot of "it".

sirmyk said:
Yes, leckert isn't the sharpest shovel in the toolshed when it comes to cleverness and guile responses. But at least he's around a lot of "it".

I like shovels.

Hey
Well, im obsessed with nature and wilderness, and my user name on a writing website is called wilderness, so i kinda continued it on.

lani

I was thinking about using 'dawn' but somebody beat me to it. I always wake up at dawn. So I chose 'aube' instead which is the french for dawn.

Bonzo was John Bonham's nickname (Bonham was the drummer for Led Zeppelin, for those of you who don't know). I also used it as my nickname when I volunteered at a day camp earlier this year.

I'm pretty good at snooker and when I went to university I used to do pretty well playing pool with my newly-made friends. In a similar vein to Ronnie 'The Rocket' O' Sullivan, Alex 'The Hurricane' Higgins and Jimmy 'The Whirlwind' White, I recieved the 'middle' name 'The Lichfield Lemming'.

Although I'm generally not called Lemming on a regular basis, it's the perfect nickname for forum use!

We got AOL about 10 years ago (not for long, though), and I couldn't decide what username to use. I kept changing it daily. One day I just muttered, "I should just call myself name du jour" (like "soup du jour"). That name stuck, and I've used it ever since.

The only problem is that I have to keep spelling it for people. Not many out there took French.

when i was in jr high there was this kid, dave macdonald, who wore these really shredded jeans and for some reason started calling them his ragsdujour (we were in french immersion) when i saw your name i immediatley thought of him.

What's your moniker mean?

Mine is my initials with my birth year. :cool: So what's yours?.............

ok well i am a mom, and the "k" is for my daughter, and the "g" is for my son, and the "r" is for our last name.:p

mom2kngr said:
ok well i am a mom, and the "k" is for my daughter, and the "g" is for my son, and the "r" is for our last name.:p
Oh! I've been meaning to ask you what it meant for the longest time! I pronounce it in my head as, "Mom to kanger", making it sound like you gave birth to a kangeroo!

A long time ago as I was browsing the dictionary, you all know how it is, I came across the word abecedarian, and I loved how the meaning is so tied to the sound of the word. It seemed good for a book forum since the more I read, the more I feel like a beginning student of the alphabet ;)

Back