• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Usernames!!!! How did you get yours?

I am from a suburb of New Orleans, and the Pontalba Apartments are the oldest standing apartments in the country. They were built by the Baroness do Pontalba. I wanted a name that spoke of New Orleans history.

There is a great bio of her called Intimate Enemies: The Two Worlds of the Baroness De Pontalba by Christina Vella.

I was trying to understand what it was that made my ex such a huge pain in the neck and along came this Alanis Morissette song and I just went "That's it, it's too much to ask for and I am not the doctor!"

Well on a few other forums my user name is Rhapsody in Blue, but I decided to just use Rhapsody on here, but it came from the song Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin

Mine comes from my dog which died last year. He had been my childhood dog that I receieved when I was in 3rd grade. Needless to say, I really loved this dog. A little Scottish Terrier by the name of Duffy. So my name is an homage to him.

Duff

What is your username? What does it mean?

I'm just curious...

My username is steffee, and I am called, er... Stephanie, but everyone calls me Steffee/Stephie/Stephy, whatever.

I reckon I'll easily have the most original username ever :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Welll as you may guess from my username, I am a cat person.
I chose blue cat because my male cat is looking rather depressed these days. He's grossly overweight so I've put him on a diet and he's not too happy about the whole experience.:D Perhaps I should have chosen Fatboy or Fatcat......

coconutchoocolate_lg.jpg

As you like it. Oh sorry, did you want me to PM these? ;) :D

my username

My username comes from the first syllable of my last name. I was actually called that back in school. It seems to be considered a boy name though, as I have been mistaken for a feller on another forum, using that moniker. I was really surprised to find it "taken" on three different forums! I also use lalbren, from when I played Playstation games that took a three letter user only, to save your scores, so I used lal. I liked it because it sounded vaguely Indian to me at the time, a juju for higher scores, like blowing on the dice! I now know it IS Indian, and it is usually added to another name as diminutive, a sort of "dear little." So I'm dear to myself! lalbren--maybe I'll switch, nah, bren is shorter.:rolleyes:

My name is Madeline and I was lucky enough to have a book named after me.:) And someone made an avatar just for me:D and there's games, dolls, etc. created for me:rolleyes:

Mine is a combination of my middle name, Jayne, and my favourite character, Bosco, from one of my favourite TV shows, Third Watch. :p

Well, I got the "75" from your profile, but can I then, correctly, extrapolate sfg as initials? It worked for that other fellow, with no imagination.:D

Back