• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Very calm...very very quiet...deadly

Oh yeah..toss in a teacher with a different accent..say a Southern one..dont' get me wrong ya'll- I LOVE Southern accents! But, ya'll slant your vowels and pronounce some things a little differently than we refugees from the Great American Outback...Really, other accents do stuff like that too.. it's when you have a transplanted teacher trying to help kids spell or read, it can get confusing.

For the record, my mom was from Georgia, so I shoulda been better prepared:lol:

:lol:

Southern accents don't seem any more difficult then most others. Of course there are those few whose words leave me clueless. I can remember getting on an elevator with a young black fellow and he said something I didn't understand. I asked what language he was speaking and he said english. The elevator arrived at my floor and opened about that time and I just said "oh? and walked off the elevator.

I think the worse is trying to keep up with a conversation in a noisy room.

Most definately. When there's lots of people talking AND loud background noise like music or tv..forget it. I zone out.

That's the way of it, I guess. It's funny that in a quiet room, I can hear and therefore interact well enough that people forget that I even have a hearing problem.

That's the way of it, I guess. It's funny that in a quiet room, I can hear and therefore interact well enough that people forget that I even have a hearing problem.

Yup, if we look 'normal' and act mostly 'normal', people forget. They can't look at us and tell we don't hear so hot.

Well..I have it from a reliable source that Stewart had plans to go to the Dark Place today. :whistling:

Back