• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Welcome to Andy from Social Knowledge LLC

You sold this place?

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_smileys_runbig.gif

Make sure the check clears before you hand over the keys.

Oh, and hi Andy.

Thanks for the into Darren...

I look forward to meeting you all in the months and years to come. It's an honor to have Book and Reader as part of our network of community sites. The plan to meet you all hear and listen to your ideas and see what we can do to keep fostering a healthy community.

@sparkchaser - Cool links in your signature. Jeep Forum has always been a site I admire and I keep in touch with Keith (the owner). Have you seen his Brewing site (HomeBrewTalk)? I have also seen Wilco twice, good stuff. ACL is always a fun event and I can't tell you how much I was in New Orleans right now for Jazzfest (this weekend and next).

If you all have any questions, advice, background, forecast for the future, please post them here.

Andy

What do you like to read?
To be honest, I have not been able to get any quality reading time lately. When I do, I enjoy fiction, historical and scientific books. I am hoping that spending more time here will help me get back to reading more (less articles and internet and more books).
Welcome new boss!:D I hope to you see you around the forum.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting you all in the forums also.

If you all have any questions, advice, background, forecast for the future, please post them here.
Andy

It's a picky little point. When scrolling down through a thread, when you get to the end you have to scroll all the way back to the top to return to where you came from. Can you put a set of the three major buttons Home Forums Blogs at the bottom of the thread as well as at the top.

Thanks.

It's a picky little point. When scrolling down through a thread, when you get to the end you have to scroll all the way back to the top to return to where you came from. Can you put a set of the three major buttons Home Forums Blogs at the bottom of the thread as well as at the top.
I have added some links just above the quick reply. I hope that is ok for now. The main issue with those links are the fact they are only on threads. That means you can't find the same quick links on the bottom of other sections like blogs, home page, etc. I like your idea and will keep in mind finding a way to have a link to these main areas on the bottom of the page as well as the top of the page.

For now I hope the quick fix I made is ok...
links.gif

Any plans or changes for B&R in the near future?
Not without input from you all. I want to talk to you all about what you like, what you think we can do better, ways we can foster the community and increase knowledge sharing. I think we will work on our mod/admin team and make sure we have leaders who have been empowered to lead and given the tools they need. Really, it's your community and I am here to find out what you want. So lots of Q&A and working together...
And I, for one, welcome our new forum overlords.
Overlord, that sound has a nice ring to it. Haha, it will be fun to meet you all and get to know you through the forums over the years.

Hello and welcome Andy,
I hope you enjoy it here, there are some really good folks around :)

Not without input from you all. I want to talk to you all about what you like, what you think we can do better, ways we can foster the community and increase knowledge sharing.

Well here is two things that would helt the site a lot.
An active admin that visits the site.
Keeping the frontpage updated so it doesnt look deserted with 3 year old "news".

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

LOL. Ninja edit.

Such are the pitfalls of having multiple windows open.

Yes its the annoying feature of not beeing able to delete my own posts when i posted in the wrong place.

Yes its the annoying feature of not being able to delete my own posts when i posted in the wrong place.
This is a common request. I am trying to find a solution where we can keep old entries like Wikipedia so members cannot go crazy and delete all their old posts which disrupts the flow of conversations.

Regarding Administrators, I always rely on the members to manage the sites in our networks. I have learned that they are the most passionate people on the topics and that empowering you all is very important. I am going to ask Janet (a person who helps me with other communities) to join us here. She is really good at team building and training. That way we can spread the load over a group of people so keeping our community up-to-date should be easier. Please give me a little time to get to know the current team and work with them on steps to move things forward.

A few little enahnacements...

I just wanted to let you all know that I made a few little changes to the Forum home page. As you can see in the attachment a box has been added with some stats and recent posts. I also added a feature that shows us how many members have been by in the last 24 hours. I think this is an important stat as it shows us how many regular members we have swinging by.
B&R Changes.gif

Actually, I can't see the attachment. It says:

sparkchaser, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Actually, I can't see the attachment.
Thanks for the feedback. It should be fixed now, please confirm.

Side note: I am going to have to go over all the permissions and settings to make sure things are dialed in. I'd like to do this with the mod/admin team, so please give us a few weeks to get organized and we will have everything straitened out.

Back