• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What books have you read lately?

Exactly.

Where I come from, Tony Bourdain would be a BAMF. I live in Ohio. :D

I don't even have the right words to express what an uber BAMF Samuel L Jackson would be around here. :cool:

OK, cool.

Reading now: The Wings of the Dove - Henry James

Michael Connelly's The Closers. After this one, I will have finished all the Harry Bosch books. It's going to be sad. There are are stand alone books by Connelly I haven't read but I don't know if I can handle one without Bosch.

Michael Connelly's The Closers. After this one, I will have finished all the Harry Bosch books. It's going to be sad. There are are stand alone books by Connelly I haven't read but I don't know if I can handle one without Bosch.

I need to get crackin' on my Harry Bosch series. I'm only three books in.

Call for the Dead by John LeCarré. Taking a break from House of Leaves with this slender novel.

The Wings of the Dove - Henry James

Plus the usual phonological, sociolinguistic, and Old English theoretic / grammar books.

Still on Danielewski's House of Leaves, so it looks like I'll finish it, sometime. It has some moments. And a lot of other stuff.

[I Am Jack] by Susanne Gervay!

[I Am Jack] is a great book! I just finished reading it the other day. Do you recall being bullied and teased at school? Can you remember feeling isolated in your pain, too terrified to unburden for fear of retribution by the perpetrator?

It is told by one such victim – an intelligent, creative and discerning 11-year-old whose desperate attempts to reveal all to his mum are thwarted by his chaotic everyday life, Jack’s relationship with his mother and the rest of the family is touching and revealing, but nobody seems to want to listen to him. His fear of school and those who taunt him mercilessly results in his attempts to feign illness. Gervay’s analogy of a volcano exploding in his head is both vivid and apt. Jack is triumphant in the end – but read the book to find out how. Bullying is a significant issue yet Jack’s story is accessible and hilarious. An absolute must.

I also realize that a new book [Always Jack] is coming out in October! Can't wait to read it!!! :star5:

Back