• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What books have you read lately?

Sorry Abc, I didn't see this till just now. I put it down after about 9 chapters. Gruesome.

Now almost finished John LeCarré's The Secret Pilgrim.

It was tough to sludge thru, definately. Well written, but I have no desire to see the movie..:sick:

The House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. I'm at least going to try to read it because I have such a nice copy and so much effort went into its preparation. It has never passed my browse test in the bookstore, but I'm going to give it a serious try anyway -- postmodern fiction and all that.
Peder, I've had The House of Leaves on my TBR list for quite some time now. Every so often, I pick it up at the bookstore, admire the heft of it, see how pretty it looks, then put it back on the shelf - not quite willing to take the plunge.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

Peder, I've had The House of Leaves on my TBR list for quite some time now. Every so often, I pick it up at the bookstore, admire the heft of it, see how pretty it looks, then put it back on the shelf - not quite willing to take the plunge.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

Ell! So wonderful to hear from you! Hope life is good for you. Please think of hanging around.

It sounds like we both have the same reaction to the book, but I'm going to give it the ol' college try anyway. And I'll definitely post my thoughts when I'm done (or sooner, if I quit). I've decided to simplify the task by reading just the Times Roman narrative first; then I'll restart from the beginning and read the Courier typeface footnotes. The crazy pages I'll just skip by at first. Breaking it down into smaller pieces that way should make it easier, I think. I've conquered difficult books before and this one is not going to defeat me.

Sincerest regards and best wishes
Peder

Peder, it sounds like you have a plan! I hadn't even thought of how I'd tackle it. :D

I'm about half-way through Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. So far it has been worth every penny.

Back