• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What books have you read lately?

Since I just finished my last book, I am now on to my next one: London Calling by Edward Bloor

Since I just finished my last book, I am now on to my next one: London Calling by Edward Bloor

Good book.Martin Conway comes from a family filled with heroes and disgraces. His grandfather was a statesman who worked at the US Embassy in London during WWII. His father is an alcoholic who left his family. His sister is an overachieving Ivy League graduate...... :lol:enough.you should read by yourself.

Blood Work is really good. It was my first Connelly book and it got me hooked ever since.

Edit: Blood Work is ten times better than the movie. Hollywood changed a lot of the book around and left out one main character too.

Hm, I'm not sure that I remember all of the books I have read lately but here is a few of them

Young Stalin ****
I didn't know a lot about Stalin when I started to read it, but this book was so interesting. I decided to read the other book about him too, although I do not remember the title in English atm.

Veronika Decides to Die by Paolo Coelho ***
In the beginning I really loved the book, but the end seemed quite abrupt.

The Devil and miss Prum by Paolo Coelho ***
It was quite alright but I never really understood the mig fuzz about Paolo Coelho.

Anna Karenina by Lev Tolstoj **
I really loved the first 500 pages of the book, but the last 300 pages was a nightmare. NOTHING happened

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zaphon *****
A really, really, really well written book! I am trying to convince everyone I know to read it.

The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zaphon *****
The second book in the chamber of lost books series. It was really a great book as well. I couldn't stop reading any of them.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown ****
I really liked it, although I'm not sure that it deserves the HUGE fuzz about it. But it was entertaining.

The Master and Margarita ***
Can't say I understood it... but I liked it.

I probably read some more this summer but I'm not quite sure which ones

Blood Work is really good. It was my first Connelly book and it got me hooked ever since.

Edit: Blood Work is ten times better than the movie. Hollywood changed a lot of the book around and left out one main character too.

Books always better than movie.When it was turn into movie,it always been changed a lot.The whole book can't put in one hour or two hour.

The House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. I'm at least going to try to read it because I have such a nice copy and so much effort went into its preparation. It has never passed my browse test in the bookstore, but I'm going to give it a serious try anyway -- postmodern fiction and all that.

Desperation by Stephen King. Very weird novel. The cop spat out buckets of blood in his car,and was bleeding from every orifice of his body.

Back