• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

Oh, we have lots of different prices for the same gas, meaning that in some places they add more water or something to the tanks, and in others the gas is supposedly less diluted. Then, shops which offer other additional services, or have a cafe or a toilet, tend to ask more for their gas than their neighbors selling only gas and nothing more. Then, there are outfits with guys who officially fill up your car for you, - with this fact showing in gas's price (in other places when you have a person helping you, you are expected (not obliged, no) to give him 10 RUR ($US0,35).

Most stations are selling 87 octane for about $2.09 in Charlottesville, VA but about 30 miles South of town it is $1.99 for 87 octane and there is a station in Lynchburg, VA that was selling it for $1.93 yesterday.

sirmyk said:
Daily in California it changes between $2.39 and $2.60. I don't get it. Oh, wait... I do.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

$1.96-$1.99 here-though I hear it's just killing the gas/oil companies.:rolleyes:

It's official. Wichita Kansas has the cheapest gas in the nation..down to $1.86 as of this morning. There was an article in paper this morning. Out in the country, we haven't seen it that low yet, but close.

I saw my first sub $2.00 a gallon gas over Thanksgiving weekend. One station had $1.99 and the one right next to it had $1.98...:D :D :D

Stewart said:
I don't know. I don't drive so it costs me nothing.

Our friend from Largs doesn't drive either..when he visited here he rode a bicycle or walked all over our little town. If he wanted to go anywhere else, his hosts took him..he's a really healthy guy too.

abec can testify that in the midwest, you may need to drive 90% of the time. My wife makes a 45 minute commute to work everyday. I know of people who drive farther distances as well. This price thing is just crazy. :rolleyes:

Back