• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you use as a bookmark?

At the moment I am using a joker from a packet of Purple Ronnie playing cards I got for Christmas.

I should hope so, it was nice. I haven't seen any in a long time though, not since we had a lemonade man.
:)

The lemonade man! We had one too - lemonade, cherryade and dandelion and burdock delivered to your door in glass bottles! Ah, nostalgia. Was this just a Northern thing? :)

We (in the south, and therefore much richer than thou ;) ) used to have it delivered by the milkman from a little list of things he could deliver (strawberry, banana & choccy milk too!!)

Then we discovered it was easier and cheaper to buy it from the Supermarket every week!!

Phil :)

We in the north (being considerably poorer than you) obviously needed the deposit money from returning the glass bottles! :)

We had it in the south too!

It was called bilco ( spelling? ) They used to come around in a little truck thing and deliver it to your door. Every drink had to end in 'ade. Such as cherryade, lemonade, pineappleade and so on lol I think they might be around, not sure. I did spot one a couple of years back :)

Actually, you don't see milkman very much any more! Serves them right! I mean, they don't advertise or try to generate bussiness in any way. I mean, have you EVER had a milkman knock at your door or leave you a leaflet advertising their wares? Noooooo! How would you even go about getting the milkman to deliver to you?? Apart from hoping to run into him at 6am, that is :) And then to top it all, have your prices MUCH higher than the supermarket so the few customers you DO have, leave. Sorry, had to rant. That's always irritated me LOL I know, I need to get a life, right? lol

Regards
Sillywabbit

Your lucky. All I ever got at my door was a Jehovah's Witness and he didn't sell banana milk. (I asked)

RaVeN

Here is suburbia, I get people wanting to sell me alarm services. I moved way out here so I wouldn't need an alarm.

We are now, officially, totally off topic. You're welcome.

If the book it hardback and have cover to it, I tend to use that
tatty paperback get rough treatment and have corner folded down.. soo bad I know
The worst thing i have used i an envalope.. stuck it in my mouth then glued lips to it :mad:

I have a book mark with lots of smiley faces on it > :)

I also have a Harry Potter bookmark... I dont use it tho.

I always grab handfulls of the free bookmarks they dish out at the till in bookshops. My bookmarks don't tend to last long with all the rabbits around here. They jump up, steal your bookmark and hop away with it. It can be very distressing. Once they jumped up and stole my book. That was a bad day.

And we had a lemonade man when I was growing up, and that was in London, and you don't get more south than London. Not even Kent is further south than London. It may not be true, but it's a fact. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing south of that river. But it was the Bilco chap too and he had lots of lovely flavours. We also had an egg and potato man. But no milk man, we weren't allowed a milk man. The last milk man we had, my dad beat up. :D And there was a travelling sweet shop that rolled up in a huge white van too.

Halcyon days.

I've always liked the bookmarks with little tassels, but the cat finds them facinating and can destroy the tassel in under a minute.

Ashlea said:
I've always liked the bookmarks with little tassels, but the cat finds them facinating and can destroy the tassel in under a minute.

That's part of the reason I went to metal bookmarks. I know a lot of people have trouble with the metal bookmarks, but they stay in the books wonderfully for me.

I just love metal bookmarks too! Plus I've got a really cutie one that's a little wooden girly with frizzy woolly hair ....

OK, I'll go back in my corner and pout now, until the nasty man says I can come out ...