• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Genre do you like?

What genre do you like?

• Horror

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Science Fiction

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Romance

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Crime, Thrillers, Mystery

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters

Midnight

Okay, I'm just curious as to what genre of books are more popular. So please do vote. You can add an explaination of why you like this genre. I would gladly tell you what genre I like, but I have school, so I'll post when I get back :)

I voted for Horror, Fantasy and the Crime, Thrillers, Mystery option. I've never explored the Sci-Fi genre, and have no particular desire to read a romance book. However, I do like it when my chosen genres do employ features from the other two genres. Stephen King's Dark Tower series suits me perfectly :)

I voted for Science Fiction and Fantasy, however I do also enjoy Historical fiction :)

Oh, I went the boring path and chose them all. If only someone would write a superbook featuring a deranged alien serial killer who is trying to stop our protagonist gaining the secret gem that will heal the possible love of her life, including car (or spaceship) chases, lasergun fights, kisses... this is getting confoosing

I went the boring path and chose them all

I aso voted for them all. Not because I would read them, but because I'm not particularly keen on the idea of genre and books I've read - and books I intend to read - can flirt with each of these without wholly being typecast.

My favourite genre is quality. I've found it's the one genre you can mix with any other and always get great results. sci-fi and western don't mix, musical and crime don't mix, sci-fi and comedy don't mix...

But mix quality with anything and it works.

I'm a big fan of Science Fiction and Fantasy.

Historical fiction is my other favourite too, Katherine.

I suspect a rigging :eek:

I think I've enjoyed something from all those categories except romance, and agree with MonkeyCatcher about historical fiction. Actually, memoirs and other nonfiction books have been good to me, too.

I am also a big fan of historical fiction, but my most favorite is literary fiction,which isn't listed either. You know, those books that make you go WHAT! Auster, Achebe, Morrison... Books that can be used in a college classroom.

Out of the genres mentioned... Horror and Fantasy. I also like Historical Fiction, particularly books set in ancient times and the eighteenth century (anything after that rarely grabs my attention).

Anything "shocking"(horror?) followed by historical fiction. If the historical fiction features anything to do with Aaron Burr, then that given work takes over at #1.

I voted for fantasy; however, besides my appreciation for Tolkien's work, I am definitely not a huge fan of most modern high fantasy (all that swords and sorcery stuff). I think most people would agree that too much of today's high fantasy has become overly trite and clichéd.

I've recently taken a huge liking to magic realist novels (which I consider as a subgenre of fantasy). I find that magic realist novels can speak much more directly today's problems and concerns, while still offering tremendous space for their authors to creatively express themselves.

Favourite genre?

Hi everyone. I`m pretty new here but I hope to make quick some friends :flowers:.

To start I would like to know what are your favorite book book genre? Sci-fi, fantasy or? ...

Feel free to reply to this post and let's see which genre is the winner :D
Cheers all!

10x

Thank you Libra for your welcome and also thank you for editing the post title :) I`m a bit tired and was not paying attention when I was writing. :lol:

Back