• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

Beautiful Canadian fall day! It's warm enough for jeans and a t-shirt.. and yet thanksgiving is this weekend.... it's supposed to be colder, but I'm not complaining!!

I've spent the morning talking to a car dealer in Texas ( who ain't a natural-born Texan!) and arranging financing for a car we're driving down to look at tomorrow. Now I'm trying to make heads and tails of the yahoo driving directions. I'm fine as far as getting to Plano, after that things get a little fuzzy. This should be an adventure. If the car is less than what its made out to be, we may just have an expensive car date..700 miles roundtrip:eek:

Kookamoor said:
Beautiful Canadian fall day! It's warm enough for jeans and a t-shirt.. and yet thanksgiving is this weekend.... it's supposed to be colder, but I'm not complaining!!

I am! It's October the weather should behave like it. Ya gotta remember these warmer days occuring when they're not supposed to are the repurcussions of a mistreated environment which will lead to more repurcussions that are less pleasent.

Today I nurse a hangover from celebrating the return of Hockey.

ions said:
I am! It's October the weather should behave like it. Ya gotta remember these warmer days occuring when they're not supposed to are the repurcussions of a mistreated environment which will lead to more repurcussions that are less pleasent.
*sigh* Well, if you want to be negative about it! :p

I popped on a few times today and really looked at some book-related threads. Not a good idea :rolleyes:. My TBR list has grown thanks to so many wonderful posts and recommendations.

MonkeyCatcher, I can blame you alone for 3 or 4 of them!!

abecedarian said:
I've spent the morning talking to a car dealer in Texas ( who ain't a natural-born Texan!) and arranging financing for a car we're driving down to look at tomorrow. Now I'm trying to make heads and tails of the yahoo driving directions. I'm fine as far as getting to Plano, after that things get a little fuzzy. This should be an adventure. If the car is less than what its made out to be, we may just have an expensive car date..700 miles roundtrip:eek:
be careful that the car isn't one from the hurricane area. I hear that they are already peddling them and consumers should have a qualified person check cars for water damage that is usually hidden.

muggle said:
be careful that the car isn't one from the hurricane area. I hear that they are already peddling them and consumers should have a qualified person check cars for water damage that is usually hidden.

Wouldn't something like that show up in carcheck? But I have thought about taking it to a random shop when we test drive the car. We'll have 5 hours to talk about it on the way down;) Thanks for the tip though!

yellow_popsicle said:
Nothing happening here in Minnesota. The leaves are falling. The days are getting shorter and it's getting cold. I hate this feeling. It's suppose to snow in the upper Minnesota area. Brrrrr..........

Same here-though I'm loving every minute of it.:)

abecedarian said:
Wouldn't something like that show up in carcheck? But I have thought about taking it to a random shop when we test drive the car. We'll have 5 hours to talk about it on the way down;) Thanks for the tip though!
I have read a few articles where they recommend that people specifically request the qualified mechanic/inspector to look for signs of water damage. Not trying to scare you but don't want to see you get a lemon either.

abecedarian said:
Well :) , Don't keep us in suspense.

Just got back..the car stayed behind with the less-than-straighforward dealer..Maybe we're too picky, but multiple intentional cigarette burns,severe scrapes on the bumper, and missing tidbits, like the ashtray, and the knob to manuever one of the heater vents, do NOT seem to us to be normal wear for a three year old car.Oh, and there were three different types of tires on the care. So, we had a day away without kids and bought an extra tank of gas or two. We came back and went to On The Borders, then over to Borders..Not a bad day, really!

abecedarian said:
Just got back..the car stayed behind with the less-than-straighforward dealer..Maybe we're too picky, but multiple intentional cigarette burns,severe scrapes on the bumper, and missing tidbits, like the ashtray, and the knob to manuever one of the heater vents, do NOT seem to us to be normal wear for a three year old car.Oh, and there were three different types of tires on the care. So, we had a day away without kids and bought an extra tank of gas or two. We came back and went to On The Borders, then over to Borders..Not a bad day, really!
Doesn't sound picky to me. I think you made a wise decision.

Kookamoor said:
I popped on a few times today and really looked at some book-related threads. Not a good idea :rolleyes:. My TBR list has grown thanks to so many wonderful posts and recommendations.

MonkeyCatcher, I can blame you alone for 3 or 4 of them!!
Hehe, sorry Kook (cue evil laugh .. my plan is working perfectly.. :p )

I'm not up to much today, it's the last Saturday of the school holidays, so I'm doing as much reading as I can before school starts and cuts off my reading time again :mad:

Rain, rain, rain. It rained all day Friday, all Friday night, and is raining Saturday morning. It is a steady, heavy rain. I expect the streams will be overflowing. We needed the rain but it is too bad we got it all at once. :)
Today will be a good day for reading.

i don't think you want to know what i'm up to, but right now i'm visiting you, because i have hollidays and thought that (after Motokid wrote a note) i visit you and forget the possibility to sleep.

I'm currently killing time in an internet cafe,i am going to see a band called caribou in less than an hour which should be fun.

honeydevil said:
i don't think you want to know what i'm up to, but right now i'm visiting you, because i have hollidays and thought that (after Motokid wrote a note) i visit you and forget the possibility to sleep.
It's great to see you again, HD!! How has it been settling back in?? I remember the difficulties I had when I returned from Canada after a year and a half...

Ms. said:
I'm currently killing time in an internet cafe,i am going to see a band called caribou in less than an hour which should be fun.

I hate to spam all the time, but the constant references to Caribou are just mean! :D Really, it's like waving a gin and tonic in front of an alcoholic! :D

I have the day off. I'm with Muggle, a long weekend turned into staying indoors for three days. Maybe I'll go fishing this afternoon.

:D

Back