• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

I have to get the kids on their schoolwork-some have to be dragged kicking and screaming-then I will make a huge pot of sausage and lentil soup(hubby's fav) and get ready for a meeting at church this evening. I hope to find something else to glue onto the cover of my next journal. Last night I hacked up an old road map of Wyoming and glued it on the cover of a spiral notebook. I've never been there, but since the place photographs so well, I'd love to go someday..

abecedarian said:
I have to get the kids on their schoolwork-some have to be dragged kicking and screaming-then I will make a huge pot of sausage and lentil soup(hubby's fav) and get ready for a meeting at church this evening. I hope to find something else to glue onto the cover of my next journal. Last night I hacked up an old road map of Wyoming and glued it on the cover of a spiral notebook. I've never been there, but since the place photographs so well, I'd love to go someday..
Wow! You just gave a a neat idea for my personal journal. Its just one of those black and white marble composition books, and I've been wanting to do something to it to make it pretty. Thanks!

cajunmama said:
Wow! You just gave a a neat idea for my personal journal. Its just one of those black and white marble composition books, and I've been wanting to do something to it to make it pretty. Thanks!

Glad to help! I just know at my house, if I start using an undecorated notebook, the next thing I know, some sweet child has taken it over for a sketch/scribble book..and it is no longer MINE! And who can blame them, they all look alike. I covered one with red and white checked wrapping paper, then glued sunflower cut-outs(Kansas postcard) and a few old fashioned looking die cuts from a scrapbooking kit. Then I covered it with a coat or two of gel medium from Michael's to keep those sweet children from ripping the stuff off. I like it.

I know how that is. My oldest keeps asking me for new notebooks for school and when I look in her old ones I see pages of drawings. My budding artist fills her school notebooks with artwork instead of homework. And yes, I have bought notebooks exclusively for drawing and those get filled up too.

I keep my journal in a safe place. I don't even think anyone in my family knows I have a journal. The decoration is just for me. :eek:

Keep supplying those drawing books! When my oldest girls were in the third grade or so, I read them The Autobiograpy of Bill Peet. He was a Disney artist for years, then launched a wildy successful career writing children's books like Chester The Worldly Pig, and Little Bighorn, etc..
Anyway, when he was in school, he made his teachers so mad because he constantly drew in the margins of his textooks. Then, when they were sold to the public when the school got new books, his books brought the most money..This was the only thing that kept me from pulling my hair out when a couple of my kids drew all over their math books and math papers.. Hey, with one of those kids, the fact that he used paper at all was a vast improvement over drawing on the walls;)

abecedarian said:
Keep supplying those drawing books! When my oldest girls were in the third grade or so, I read them The Autobiograpy of Bill Peet. He was a Disney artist for years, then launched a wildy successful career writing children's books like Chester The Worldly Pig, and Little Bighorn, etc..
Anyway, when he was in school, he made his teachers so mad because he constantly drew in the margins of his textooks. Then, when they were sold to the public when the school got new books, his books brought the most money..This was the only thing that kept me from pulling my hair out when a couple of my kids drew all over their math books and math papers.. Hey, with one of those kids, the fact that he used paper at all was a vast improvement over drawing on the walls;)
I intend to engcourage her art as much as possible. She wants to go to art school, and as much as I'd love to send her to the top one in the country, she's so timid that she'll probably only go as far away as our local uni. :rolleyes:

i'd love to just rest and read Fight Club some more, but i have to try to outline a whole chapter for my AP Euro class - oh, lots of fun. thats disregarding work for my other classes. meh

I have started a new job at an internet cafe!Its only at the weekends but its cool as i get free internet whenever. Im sposed to be in training now but its so quiet and the person training me in my flat mate! Its a little wierd being trained by her.

Yeah, once my fiance was looking for a job and since there was an opening in my work he applied and got it... I ended up training him. It went really well, but I know what you mean, Catalyst.

i love fridays. its my day of rest. and naps. and sleeping pills so i sleep another 12 hours. then saturday i either procastinate all day or fry my brain even more with schoolwork. its rarely the second one. =P

Today, i am having an eye test. This involves having stuff squirted into my eyes to dilate the pupils. This means I won't be able to read tonight as everything is, of course, hugely out of focus.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

WoundedThorns said:
sleeping pills so i sleep another 12 hours

Just a quick question, and I can handle the "none of your god damn business" type responce if that's what's called for here....

Why do you take sleeping pills? If I remember correctly you are pretty young, and the thought of anybody taking sleeping pills makes me prickle up a bit.

Is this a temporary thing, or a Friday habit, or none of my figgin' business?

my day will be full of AP European History. i've got a test on monday but i might not be home on sunday. 1 out of 10 possible essays, 3 chapters. ahh! plus Voltaire excerpts by tomorrow.. and a poster. ah, AP Euro. but yet, the workload gives me a sense of satisfaction when i doze off at night

Back