• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

Ugh... today was a busy day of shopping this morning...no fun shopping just groceries. I worked when I got back and my son napped. I have got to read a whole 4 pages today so far:( and now my 3 year old son is running a fever. I am leaving here shortly to take my daughter to gymnastics and will be gone for about 3 hours with that so I am hoping to get some reading time there. Well u all have a good day/evening depending on where u are:D

I've had a busy week. Dh took the week off and we painted the living room, stairwell and hall. Then he shampooed the carpet, Wed. night dh took two of the kids to see a great show called Barrage. Yesterday we cleaned the basement and my oldest dd's nest, I mean bedroom! I found several books I'd been missing:cool: Now I'm at the library while two of the kids are having music lessons. When I get home, I will sort out the youngest boys clothes, culling out the summer clothes to make room for the cooler weather stuff. Tomorrow I have to make a salad and dessert for a potluck at church Sunday. We'll be there most of the day, as we will have our annual business meeting. Oh, and sometime between now and Sunday, I have to shop for Operation Holiday shoeboxes, as they are due on Sunday too.

We finally had a freeze last night so I picked all the peppers yesterday from the plants, approx. 100 peppers were picked. The remainder I left go. Today I finished pickling some and cleaning and freezing a bunch. I cleaned about 50 peppers before I realized I did not have the latex gloves on. About half of the peppers were halapenos, habaneros, cayenne (those I hang and dry), and hungarian wax,. The remainder were serranos, a few bell, and some that I don't know what they were. I now have to be extremely careful not to touch my eyes or other sensitive parts of my body or they will burn terribly.

muggle said:
We finally had a freeze last night so I picked all the peppers yesterday from the plants, approx. 100 peppers were picked. The remainder I left go. Today I finished pickling some and cleaning and freezing a bunch. I cleaned about 50 peppers before I realized I did not have the latex gloves on. About half of the peppers were halapenos, habaneros, cayenne (those I hang and dry), and hungarian wax,. The remainder were serranos, a few bell, and some that I don't know what they were. i now have to be extremely careful not to touch my eyes or other sensitive parts of my body or they will burn terribly.

Oh My! I hope you washed your hands with soap and water before touching your eyes:eek:

its fiiiinally friday, therefore i can rest. altho maybe i'll work on AP Euro.. MAYBE.. plus i want to read something outside for school.

Im at work! Why is it that its really, really quiet for ages then all of a sudden 10 people come in at once, all wanting coffee, hot chocolate and the internet! And they are so impatient! Phff! Im a Vet Nurse not a waitress! :)

I had my last day of school for the year on Thursday (Friday was a public holiday - Show Day). I just have 5 exams over the next three weeks, and then I'm finished entirely with school until next February. Ah, bliss! My mind can't even begin to encompass the amount of reading time I now have :D

I'm putting off going to the kitchen to bake Pumpkin Bars w/Cream Cheese Frosting for the potluck tomorrow. We have an overnight guest of my 10 year old dd with us adding to the fun. I wish I could skip the business meeting tomorrow..wonder if I'd get in trouble if I took my book in with me:rolleyes: I won't of course, but the temptation is there:D

Took a looooooooong nap this afternoon and I'm currently watching A Bug's Life for the 5,751st time while checking in on the computer every now and then.:cool:

Raked leaves all afternoon and then made a big pot of chili. Made enough for 3 meals and will freeze 2 and have the other on Sunday while watching the Nascar race. Used some of the peppers from my garden. Tonight I had a nice Bison steak for dinner.

Hmmmm, curious as to why no one has asked me about the website in my signature. :)

Well it has been a interesting day here today. My son has had the worse day possible. We had been downstairs and were coming up the stairs and he stumbled and fell down the stairs. Thank goodness he was ok...just a little headache. Well then this afternoon my hubby was out grilling and had went out the patio door and swung the sliding door shut and my son had managed to get his finger in there as it came closed :( So the first knuckle to the tip of finger are purple and swollen. It looks horrible!! He has finally started playing again but in guarded caution to that finger. OHHH and the cat attacked him and he has a few scratches on his face.
My daughter has been drawing, rearranged her room and cleaned it.
Hubby had a friend come down from Nebraska to hang out and listen to game.
I got to cook, clean, laundry, clean some more and read :D

Today I am drinking water and coffee, and lots of it. Why am I still so thirsty when I drank so much last night?

Hey SFG, why are you looking so grumpy these days? :)

CDA said:
Today I am drinking water and coffee, and lots of it. Why am I still so thirsty when I drank so much last night?

Hey SFG, why are you looking so grumpy these days? :)

I'm no expert, but I read a book that says alchohol is dehydrating. This doctor said that if we wait til we feel thirsty, ie. "dry mouthed", we're actually nearing dehydration. The book is called You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty..can't remember the author's name.

I was wondering about that grumpy icon too, but SFG did mention sitting through a gazillion runs of Bug's Life..I would be grumpy looking too;)

I heard that coffee dehydrates you too...maybe im wrong.

Im back at the blimmin' internet cafe again today. I forgot to turn off the grill machine last night and woke up this morning with this feeling of something wrong! The place didnt burn down though! Im here until 10! Grr!

We are just taking it easy today and not doing much at all. I am hoping I can finish my book and get laundry all caught up:D

i've got an AP European History test and a physics test to worry about for tomorrow. meh. luckily i've been studying all week so i only really have to worry about the essays for AP Euro. problem is, i hate the topics of the essays. meh.

I'm not :p

Today? Playing ( Kill Zone )
reading ( Last Crossing )
listening ( greenday )
Surfing ( book forum, ATS, Urban Dead, Plastic, Slashdot, TDG, and many others :p )
Cooking ( chili con carne )

Catalyst said:
What is it with pub quizes?

My friends and I have been doing them for years, winning pretty much every crappy prize from £10 vouchers, whiskey bottles up to £200 cash in hand.

Back