• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

Boy, try to do the right thing and be a good mom, and the next thing I know, I'm the next contestant in a "My Mom is a Muggle" game! All I did was schedule my 12 year old for an eye apointment this Friday afternoon. Silly me, I forgot he has a date with my oldest dd to go see the new Harry Potter movie:eek: Guess who had to call and reschedule??? Wonder what else I can get wrong today:rolleyes:

Are pub quizzes quiz games in pubs organized by pub owners? Kewl...

How's SimCity4? Playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas when I can get the time.

ds

Okay, people, I think someone needs to put a limit on the number of books I can check out of the library at one time. As of this moment, I have a dozen and six more on hold. And today, when I was there, I saw at least four more I wanted (but exercised an incredible amount of self control). There's just so many books and so little time to read them all!!!!!:eek: Dammit, if only I had a maid, then I could read all day long....

cajunmama said:
Okay, people, I think someone needs to put a limit on the number of books I can check out of the library at one time. As of this moment, I have a dozen and six more on hold. And today, when I was there, I saw at least four more I wanted (but exercised an incredible amount of self control). There's just so many books and so little time to read them all!!!!!:eek: Dammit, if only I had a maid, then I could read all day long....

LOL I can sure empathize CM! I was at my local library on Thursday and knowing I had a tall stack of libary books from Wichita, I just HAD to see what the book truck brought on Monday..There were at least three I wanted to bring home. But like you, I exercised restraint and put them back. Is it wrong to hope other patrons are blinded when they check the shelf so the titles I want will still be there:rolleyes:

A friend of mine with two children lives in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. I think we all need to move there because the public library allows each person to check out fifty books. Yes, his home has had 150 library books at times.

Mari said:
A friend of mine with two children lives in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. I think we all need to move there because the public library allows each person to check out fifty books. Yes, his home has had 150 library books at times.
I lived for many years in the Maryland suburb of D.C. Near Gaithersburg. :)

Actually, I do not believe there is a limit in Charlottesville on how many books a person can have checked outfrom the library. There is a time limit on how long you can keep them though.

Well i went all the way to Falkirk to pick up my sister then my 2 sisters, my mum and my half sister and i went out for dinner and drinks for my half sisters 35th birthday! Was fun :D

I'm spending way too much time adding books to my catalog on www.librarything.com :eek: I'm trying to get all the books I own cataloged, and it's taking awhile. So far, I have nearly all the ones upstairs that are mine and dh's, and I have two and a half low bookcases from the schoolroom downstairs done. I guess there's no rush, but this is addictive:p You guys should go and check it out. I'm abecedarian over there too, and if you look at my profile you'll see the cool self portrait I found in cyberspace;) If somebody knows how to downsize it, I'd love to use it here..:D

abecedarian said:
I'm spending way too much time adding books to my catalog on www.librarything.com :eek: I'm trying to get all the books I own cataloged, and it's taking awhile. So far, I have nearly all the ones upstairs that are mine and dh's, and I have two and a half low bookcases from the schoolroom downstairs done. I guess there's no rush, but this is addictive:p You guys should go and check it out. I'm abecedarian over there too, and if you look at my profile you'll see the cool self portrait I found in cyberspace;) If somebody knows how to downsize it, I'd love to use it here..:D
Wow, that is neat. I looked at the first 7 pages of your library and will go back and look at more at another time. I see that you have "All The Pretty Horses" and have not read it yet. I really liked the Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy.

They're all within the 64 pixel limit. I cropped them a little to make it clearer.

Original: aimg218.imageshack.us_img218_2019_womanreading16iy.jpg

Partial crop: aimg218.imageshack.us_img218_9805_woman20reading27jm.jpg

Larger crop: aimg218.imageshack.us_img218_8894_woman20reading33sl.jpg

Even larger crop: aimg218.imageshack.us_img218_161_woman20reading44ed.jpg

Thanks Kook! I was getting tired of Nell and when I found this picture while looking for something for librarything, I was hoping to be able to use it here.

Muggle: I have two of the McCarthy trilogy titles, which goes first? While looking for something else on my bookshelf in my room, I found The Crossing on tape. I forgot I'd bought it at the library. Seems like my oldest dd and I tried to listen to it, but shut it off due to the language and content not being suitable for the younger kids in the room..

abecedarian said:
Thanks Kook! I was getting tired of Nell and when I found this picture while looking for something for librarything, I was hoping to be able to use it here.

Muggle: I have two of the McCarthy trilogy titles, which goes first? While looking for something else on my bookshelf in my room, I found The Crossing on tape. I forgot I'd bought it at the library. Seems like my oldest dd and I tried to listen to it, but shut it off due to the language and content not being suitable for the younger kids in the room..
I like the new "self portrait" but I also miss Nell. :)

The Trilogy books in order:
1. All The Pretty Horses
2. The Crossing
3. Cities Of The Plain

Hmmm, you must have a "bunch" of books on your BTR list by now.

muggle said:
I like the new "self portrait" but I also miss Nell. :)

The Trilogy books in order:
1. All The Pretty Horses
2. The Crossing
3. Cities Of The Plain

Hmmm, you must have a "bunch" of books on your BTR list by now.

Ha! You have no idea..good thing you can't see my Candidates List in my little blue notebook..pathetic! And I keep adding more. Oh well, keeps me off the streets:rolleyes:

I'm POOPED!!!! I have company coming to visit this weekend and my kitchen floor was just gross, mopping wouldn't cut it, so what did I decide to do? Yup, you guessed it, scrub brush in hand, I scoured the whole thing on my hands and knees. DH was impressed, and wanted to know why I hadn't done it before now. Hey, anything that gets me to clean house is a good thing in my book, hehe!

Finished my exams yesturday so today I slept in till 11 (was woken by my stupid phone ringing) having a TV and reading day in my PJ's..then a family dinner and more sleep. cant wait!!

Lani

I had senior prizegiving today, and now I'm done with school until February. I got $90 worth of book vouchers for my first in subjects today, so I'm going to be a very busy book buyer when I go into town tomorrow :D

I doubt any of you remember the guy i was seeing in England (im in Scotland) Well i found out yesterday that he was cheating on me. I guess long distance relationships dont work.
I had an essay to hand in today too. Dont think il get a good mark for this one...!

Back