• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

In spite of the changing weather (saturday was awesome, sunday foggy, today awesome again!) I am feeling great! Enjoy every minute of this day (though I am at work, I try ot ignore that :)))

Last night we put up our tree, not decorated yet though, just brought it in the house and put it in the stand. Today I will put the candles in the windows and string some outside lights. Tonight I will put the lights on the tree.

Dh and I cleaned our room and I vaccumed the living room. I also wrapped some presents. We were supposed to go to a caroling/cookie exchange at church tonight but A. We have some sicko kids and B. We really didn't want to go that bad in the first place;) Some of us(the healhiest specimens) may go visit my mil for awhile this afternoon. After that, we'll probably just hang around here and read and eat popcorn or cheese and crackers..

I'm baking cookies!!!:D And then going grocery shopping with my sister. Tomorrow I'm going shopping for a wedding dress! *insert girly squealing here* :p

I'm off with the other half to his lab's christmas party pot luck. I've got a leg of lamb roasting in the oven and he's cooking a boiled dinner. They wanted us to bring 'national' dishes, and this is the best we could do. The boiled dinner is pretty standard fare where he's from, and is usually something I hate. I've had it once before when it was pretty good, but his mother's, for example, is a lesson in what not to do with food. But this one is smelling pretty damn good!

I just hope my lamb roasts in time. The cooking temperature on the package it came in was really low, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and use it. After an hour it's barely cooking, so I've jacked it up to what I usually would use. Fingers crossed!!

Spent friday night in my old hometown. My parents came to visit from Wyoming and we holed up in a hotel. After having some great pasta from a great restauraunt and enjoying a treat afterwards, we then parted ways and I was able to get some great shut eye-in a hotel where I live, that is a great accomplishment.:D Went shopping today with the wife and kiddos-scored 9 great books from goodwill....life is goooooood.

It's Sunday today, and I'm coming down with a cold, so I'll probably just spend the day snuggled in and reading. ;) On the other hand, the weather is nice, so I may be tempted to go out for a walk, or....godforbid, Xmas shopping. :rolleyes:

Kookamoor said:
I'm off with the other half to his lab's christmas party pot luck. I've got a leg of lamb roasting in the oven and he's cooking a boiled dinner. They wanted us to bring 'national' dishes, and this is the best we could do. The boiled dinner is pretty standard fare where he's from, and is usually something I hate. I've had it once before when it was pretty good, but his mother's, for example, is a lesson in what not to do with food. But this one is smelling pretty damn good!

I just hope my lamb roasts in time. The cooking temperature on the package it came in was really low, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and use it. After an hour it's barely cooking, so I've jacked it up to what I usually would use. Fingers crossed!!
Well, how did the lamb roast turn out? And what is a boiled dinner, details please :)?? And how was the Christmas Party?

I'm home from church today with a puny little boy. He's probably just sick with a cold, but he was just so droopy this morning after he got dressed, and he was up twice with first a stomache ache, then severe aches in his knee.
In all the uproar of getting the kids off this morning(dh left early for Praise Band practice) I forgot to send along a baby shower gift I wanted to send with the greataunt-to-be..grr..

I also got to read awhile this morning so, I'm over 3/4 done with A Game of Thrones..good book! I'll have to keep this series going..

muggle said:
Well, how did the lamb roast turn out? And what is a boiled dinner, details please :)?? And how was the Christmas Party?
Yeah, it was a lot of fun! The lamb didn't cook in time, unfortunately, so I took it to the party and, luckily, we had a lot of finger food to get to and I could finish it up in their oven. It turned out beautifully!

What is boiled dinner? Basically you put a ham in a pot of boiling water and let it boil for an hour and a half. You throw in vegetables after about 45 minutes and let the whole thing boil up. The ham came out pretty good, but the vegies were pretty nasty, just boiled and flavourless - I still don't like boiled dinner! The spread at the part was amazing - everyone had something different, from lebanese food to perogies to meatloaf. Yum!

After more than two years, I think it's time to bump this thread. I always enjoyed it..

This has been a calm day, even though I had to drive into Wichita to a carpet store to pick up baseboard samples for my dh, who was called into work on his day off. It wouldn't have been such an adventure if I'd just gone over there and taken my dh's word for how to get there..but Noooo, I had to do a map search and found the directions to be totally off, by about five whole miles! Then I tried the store's website and location map, and it contained two very different addresses..That's when I gave up and called the store to find out just where the heck they were. I still passed it and had to turn around:rolleyes:
Now I'm waiting to hear from a friend about a poster for a church function were supposed to be making..

An oldie but a goodie, thanks for reviving this one abec.:)

Went to Wal-Mart and bought my son his first bike. He has a thing for spider-man, so a spider-man bike it was.:rolleyes: Got a job offer from an excellent place-will mull it over the weekend and get back to them. Made cinnamon rolls with the little ones adn I'm currently preparing for a good evening run.

An oldie but a goodie, thanks for reviving this one abec.:)

Went to Wal-Mart and bought my son his first bike. He has a thing for spider-man, so a spider-man bike it was.:rolleyes: Got a job offer from an excellent place-will mull it over the weekend and get back to them. Made cinnamon rolls with the little ones adn I'm currently preparing for a good evening run.

It's rained and rained and rained and is still at it. I don't think you'd like running here this evening. Hope you got lots of pics of the boy and his bike..that's a great first for any kid.

Went to Trago Mills :)o :p ), and bought some uninteresting stuff. Played Animal Crossing on my DS for a fair bit, and also did some reading. :D Oh, and played with the dog, because he needs lots of attention. :rolleyes: :D

Back