• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

Um..don't they serve those to old folks who can't protect themselves? Ick.:lol:

You are maligning a innocent sandwhich. They are divine when made with good quality ground beef or turkey. Make your own sauce (stay away from that canned stuff....yuck!), on a potato bun with lettuce, onion and tomato. Yummers.:D

So,Sloppy Joes are mincemeat burgers kinda?! Mrs.Shadforth says she'll try and whip up an English version! :)

Mincemeat has a different connotation here..usually something they sell in jars next to pie filling! But I bet the Shadforth clan will enjoy sloppy joes. Like chili, SJ filling is a forgiving concoction..open to experimentation according to whim and availability of ingredients. After ground beef and chopped onion, I think the tomato/spice ratios are open to interpretation. Let us know how this works out!

You are maligning a innocent sandwhich. They are divine when made with good quality ground beef or turkey. Make your own sauce (stay away from that canned stuff....yuck!), on a potato bun with lettuce, onion and tomato. Yummers.:D

Exacly, Yummy!!

I didn't mean REAL Sloppy Joes..I meant the notion of SJs through the blender..NOT of Gawd! REAL SJs are wonderful:flowers:

See, that's the reason why you take care of your teeth. So you can fight back.:D
Indeed! Once they take your teeth you're done for.:sad:

Sorry... this is too recent for me to laugh too heartily...although this IS a funny vein of thought.

Took my baby to doggy training class. We ran, played, did some behavior exercises. Now we need a bath because we are covered with dirt and grass.

70 lbs of labrador retriever, a bathtub and me. It's going to get ugly.:lol:

What a great ride today. I really need to do this stuff more often.

06-06-09_1612.jpg.w300h240.jpg

06-06-09_1539.jpg.w300h375.jpg

06-06-09_1752.jpg.w300h240.jpg

That looks like a gorgeous ride, Robert. My husband has a street and dirt bike and takes one or the other most Sundays. We live on a island though. He'd envy the variety you get to enjoy. Ride safe. :cool:

Since we can post pics here's the object of my bathtub duties. Pearl, age 2 and the queen of the house.

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d24_MYap_IMG_5421.jpg

I do, for sure. I've been here 25 years now. When we retire we'll move to the mainland. It's just too expensive to live here. Home ownership is out as long as we live here and I want some space.

I have heard about the high cost of living. My trips to Hawaii were pretty short so cost of living wasn't a big issue.

25 years is a long time. Have you seen all the islands?

All except Molokai. We live on Oahu which is the most populated island. Hawaii is a lovely place and everyone should come her at least once. But I'm looking forward to (as I said) more space and a house I can afford. Right now you need about $600,000 for just the most humble of homes. We figure we can take our retirement and savings and buy a house outright with no mortgage for a lot less and have a nice spot of land to boot.

All except Molokai. We live on Oahu which is the most populated island. Hawaii is a lovely place and everyone should come her at least once. But I'm looking forward to (as I said) more space and a house I can afford. Right now you need about $600,000 for just the most humble of homes. We figure we can take our retirement and savings and buy a house outright with no mortgage for a lot less and have a nice spot of land to boot.

Yeah, but if you do that then your husband will have to add a big touring bike to his collection. ;)

Back