• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

You're lucky to have a doggie day care, comeflyaway. What kind of puppy do you have? Maybe we should start a pet thread, we seem to be hijacking this one a bit.

Btw, I'm home with a cold today. I'm all hopped up on dayquil and sinus spray. It's flippin' 90 degree's today and I have the chills. That's what I'm up to today.:sad:

I read The Sittaford Mystery in one sitting and I'm perusing my collection to see what's next. (I might have to be sick tomorrow too.)

I'm in Paris for a few days.Meeting with galleries,eating delicious food and drinking likewise wines.But the weather in Northern Europe is a disgrace,would be nice for November,not Juin.

You're lucky to have a doggie day care, comeflyaway. What kind of puppy do you have? Maybe we should start a pet thread, we seem to be hijacking this one a bit.

I've got a male siberian husky, Max, who's almost a year old now. Guess I should stop calling him a puppy, huh?

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v47_Tinkerbelle214_IMG_1208.jpg

^^ Max is beautiful! I think he can be called a pup til he's a year or two old..or til he quits chewing on orphan shoes, whichever comes first:whistling:

Another busy day here..I'm starting to see a pattern.. Swim team practice x2, swim lesson, take son and his friend to Guitar Center to plunk on high dollar guitars for awhile, shop at Walmart and Michaels during that time, come home to fix dinner and bake more bread for VBS. I made about 12 loaves yesterday, and have the dough in the fridge for about 16 more. I may keel over before this is all done..

^^ Max is beautiful! I think he can be called a pup til he's a year or two old..or til he quits chewing on orphan shoes, whichever comes first:whistling:

Another busy day here..I'm starting to see a pattern.. Swim team practice x2, swim lesson, take son and his friend to Guitar Center to plunk on high dollar guitars for awhile, shop at Walmart and Michaels during that time, come home to fix dinner and bake more bread for VBS. I made about 12 loaves yesterday, and have the dough in the fridge for about 16 more. I may keel over before this is all done..

Thanks! He's a good dog, doesn't ever chew anything that he's not supposed to (except for the one time we tried leaving him un-crated when we left for work, then he chewed an area rug, a wicker basket, and a bicycle brake cable).

And holy crap that's a lot of bread! I missed the post where you explained it... what's VBS? And what kind of bread? I love to bake, it's a big stress reliever for me, but I never make that much, lol ;-)

And holy crap that's a lot of bread! I missed the post where you explained it... what's VBS? And what kind of bread? I love to bake, it's a big stress reliever for me, but I never make that much, lol ;-)

Vacation Bible School..the theme this year is 'See You in Rome'..centers around an open market. My job, besides being in the nursery, is to provide the bread for the kids who shop with their 'families'.. there will be other foods included, but we want them to each get a piece of bread. What's tough to know ahead, is how many loaves per day we'll need. Attendance usually grows as the week progresses. The record is 120 a few years ago. I may be dead by the end of next week, but I'll know how to make great bread!

BTW, since this IS a book forum..I should mention I'm relying on Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. I'm here to tell you all that this is a terrific book, and their method works.

Vacation Bible School..the theme this year is 'See You in Rome'..centers around an open market. My job, besides being in the nursery, is to provide the bread for the kids who shop with their 'families'.. there will be other foods included, but we want them to each get a piece of bread. What's tough to know ahead, is how many loaves per day we'll need. Attendance usually grows as the week progresses. The record is 120 a few years ago. I may be dead by the end of next week, but I'll know how to make great bread!

BTW, since this IS a book forum..I should mention I'm relying on Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. I'm here to tell you all that this is a terrific book, and their method works.

My wife bakes bread now and then,but she has a bread-maker,so maybe that doesn't count! :) The bread's tasty enough,but very thick in texture,a 'doorstep' as we say in the U.K! Have you ever tried 'fried' bread? One of my faves! You'll have bread on the brain by the time you're done,ABC!

Your husky,Max,is a beauty,Comeflyaway! I bet he takes some exercising?!
We do still have Sophie,our Yorkshire Terrier,who's a lapdog,and quite a character,but I walk 'round the corner is the equivalent of a marathon for her!:)

Your husky,Max,is a beauty,Comeflyaway! I bet he takes some exercising?!
We do still have Sophie,our Yorkshire Terrier,who's a lapdog,and quite a character,but I walk 'round the corner is the equivalent of a marathon for her!:)

Does he EVER. I tried and tried to give him enough exercise, but walks and playing aren't enough. Even after 2 hours at the dog park, he would take a nap and be ready for more. That's why we started taking him to doggie day care. It's a godsend, he comes home exhausted!

Sophie sounds cute :)

One REALLY fun game (If anyone can teach this to their dog, it provides a really great rainy-day activity when a walk is the last thing you want to do): I taught Max to play hide-and-seek. We live in a tri-level, so I make him sit-stay in the living room while I run upstairs to hide (treat in hand). When I'm ready, I yell "Come find me!" and he comes tearing up the stairs, looking places that I might be. He's too damn smart, though. I am running out of hiding places. Putting a blanket over my head and sitting still doesn't fool him anymore....

My wife bakes bread now and then,but she has a bread-maker,so maybe that doesn't count! :) The bread's tasty enough,but very thick in texture,a 'doorstep' as we say in the U.K! Have you ever tried 'fried' bread? One of my faves! You'll have bread on the brain by the time you're done,ABC!

quote]

Is fried bread different from Fry Bread? Fry bread is a very wet, non-yeasted dough, that's plopped into a vat of boiling oil..sort of like a donut, without the hole in the center. We made Fry Bread once when we did a unit study on Indians with a couple of other families. Fry Bread is good!

quote]

Is fried bread different from Fry Bread? Fry bread is a very wet, non-yeasted dough, that's plopped into a vat of boiling oil..sort of like a donut, without the hole in the center. We made Fry Bread once when we did a unit study on Indians with a couple of other families. Fry Bread is good!

Your description of Fry Bread does sound similiar to Fried Bread,but we simply 'fry' a slice of bread or even a roll in a frying pan in cooking oil/fat and yes it's very wet. I'm drooling just thinking about it! :)

It's been a busy day today. Cut grass, trimmed hedges, went shopping, and test drove a BMW K1100LT. I didn't care for it because my knee kept hitting the cowling. Bummer.

amotoprofi.com_bikephoto_4253_bmw_k_1100_lt_1997_2.jpg

I'm laying in bed sick and I'm watching Food Network

Sorry you're pooly,Isabell. Get well soon.

Been up with the dawn chorus-5.30 this time,but again had good,quiet read,almost knocked off current novel. It's a sunny Sunday,with temps of 21oC forecast,and it's def warm in the sun. Sunday morning I usually 'tool-up' as a domestic engineer and clean out the attic,before lunch,which today is chicken. Might watch the tennis this afternoon,but with the weather this good fancy a stroll either across The Marina or out in the country,plus keen to finish n start novels,so 'sun-reading' is in the mix too! :)

I spend the day driving home from NY, where my brother's fiancee had her bridal shower yesterday. It was nice to see family and friends, but I feel like I spent more time in the car each way than I did at their house. Ah well. Party was fun and the weather was fantastic, guess I can't complain ;-)

Back