• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

I broke my ankle two weeks ago cross country skiing, so I'm recovering from that. I've spent two weeks (14 days!) confined to a bed, with nothing to do but watch TV and surf on my laptop. I know this sounds like a dream come true for many, but it is living Hell. I am bored out of my mind.

We had church by candlelight this morning..totally unplanned and unrehearsed, thanks to several transformers all over town blowing out just before 9am. Except for me not being able to hear a couple of speakers, it was really very nice. Just goes to show we CAN carry on without the sound system or the powerpoint..for a while anyway.

Well, I'm trying to write an essay on psychological assessment in multicultural Australia. Does anyone else hate word limits? They've given us 2000 words, and I can tell you now, I expecting about 3500. Sob! Anyway, the topic has turned out to be quite interesting, which is nice.

(I just realised that I write sob! quite a lot. I hope everyone understands that I'm indicating crying, not 'son of a.....')

I'm up, but it's going to take another pot of coffee to get me mentally awake for the day. Just tossed the ball around with my youngest and listening to some SIRIUS radio.:)

I'm up, but it's going to take another pot of coffee to get me mentally awake for the day. Just tossed the ball around with my youngest and listening to some SIRIUS radio.:)

Surely you aren't serious about that radio;) I've just spent half the morning calming my oldest dd who thought she'd missed the deadline for renewing her car tags..until she mentioned her tags were good through MAY 2007..and I told her twice that this is still APRIL..Then I called the pastor to verify who excactly was supposed to go to a special meeting for the youth..I think I'd better turn the phone off for awhile:rolleyes: Now the kids are arguing over who should get to go to the store with me...like I can't go alone..they just want to see what they can talk me into buying from the deli. I'm not dumb enough to think they just want to spend more time with dear old mom:p

Welcome!

Today was my last day of Term 1 - I have a 3 week break from Uni before going straight into two exams (Chemistry and Psychology). I'm planning on making up for a lot of lost reading time!

Still writing my essay....(so what am I doing on here, you ask? No, don't ask. I dont want to face my own procrastination)

Attempting to re-draft an essay for uni for which i havent got a clue how to change (my lecturer was very unhelpful :mad: )

I'm having a really good, mellow day. I joined this forum (yay for me), I'm haivng my coffee (almost noon, I'm going slowly), I'll take the dogs out for their walks, have a facial scheduled and do some reading. Nice ;)

I"ve got the kids doing their schoolwork and we're all trying to stay warm. The calendar might say April 5, but it feels more like February 5 today. The paper says it could even snow! Pardon me if I don't jump up and down over that one:)

..they just want to see what they can talk me into buying from the deli. I'm not dumb enough to think they just want to spend more time with dear old mom:p

My ickle hinfinks like to be the one to go so they can choose their own syrupy drink. Or juice depending on the child and the mood. My day is cut out for me, including a stint assisting with last minute science fair exhibits at my son's school.

But for now - I'm off to pick up my first ever ipod. Yeah! Hello educational podcasts! Will this improve my work outlook? I can dearly hope.:)

Good Friday. Picking up my brohter, then going up to Mum's for lunch. We're not religious (well, my brother is), so it's largely an excuse to eat hot cross buns and smoked cod (which I loooooove, I don't know what everyone else is going on about). I also have to do a psych test on my brother for an assessment piece, and finish the abovementioned essay.

Going for some Good Tennis on Good Friday !!!

Here: Craiglockhart, Edinburgh

centrecourtzh6.jpg

:p

Going for some Good Tennis on Good Friday !!!

Here: Craiglockhart, Edinburgh

centrecourtzh6.jpg

:p

Nice!. We should be a doubles team sometime in a tourney. I have a great serve and a wicked double-handed backhand. Unfortunately, my forehand shot is quite weak. Talk about an oddity in regards to playing tennis.

As for me-I'm just watching the kiddos-will do some driving this evening to visit family for a couple of fun filled days of an Easter egg hunt and meal. I'm really looking forward to relaxing and enjoying a good cigar.

I had a great day today (it may be 13 minutes past today at the time of writing, but I truely don't give a damn :p). I was up in Glasgow having a walk about, eating food and going to see Chicago at the King's Theatre! :D It was such a wonderful show, the final show on closing night!

Thats my equation for inner peace: Glasgow and a stage musical. :D

Back