• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

well crap weather here today. i am sooooooo tired from my seminar yesterday and the b'day party my son went to last night, 20 kids. mental. so today we are playing tourist. we are still relatively new to nova scotia so we are are heading out for a sunday drive. plus the kids are quieter in the car. then when we get home hopefully we will do a little light house work as this place is a wreck.(FUN!)

It is a beautiful Sunday here, a little on the chilly side, though. I'll be taking my girls to church in an hour or so, then it's over to mother-in-law's house for Sunday dinner. Chicken stew and all the rest to go with it, yummmmm.

I've missed Sunday dinners after church, ever since I left the south and came up here. I've tried to do my own but it's not the same as having the family get together, visiting and sharing such good food. I hope you enjoy!

Yeah, it was a wonderful sunny day here in the UK :)

Took myself out into the sunshine. Reading my book, coffee, sunlight, the sounds of birds in the flower sented air of the park where I was sitting... it's all I need! If it is nice then will do same tomrrow!

Well last night, I went out with a friend, when I SHOULDN'T have, to a place where I SHOULDN'T have gone, with a few stripper girls, with whom I should NOT have gotten involved, drank more than I SHOULD have, engaged in an activity I SHOULDN'T have, and now have a wallet that's much thinner than it SHOULD be!
As far as today goes, as above, it's being spent in the sunny weather with a book, and maybe a barbecue later this evening... :)

Dogtanian said:
Another lovely day here. Lets hope it the same for the Bank Holiday tomorrow :)
Dude, an entire post without a single mention of the glorious Beemer - what happened?

Cheers

froggerz40 said:
Well last night, I went out with a friend, when I SHOULDN'T have, to a place where I SHOULDN'T have gone, with a few stripper girls, with whom I should NOT have gotten involved, drank more than I SHOULD have, engaged in an activity I SHOULDN'T have, and now have a wallet that's much thinner than it SHOULD be!
As far as today goes, as above, it's being spent in the sunny weather with a book, and maybe a barbecue later this evening... :)

froggie, you SHOULD tell us what you SHOULDN"T have done. i can't stand a secret. :D

aaaaah monday. isn't it a holiday in the uk? it says so on my calendar. lucky bastards. i am going to do housewifely activities and then go transplant the rest of the tulip bulbs.

Yes it is. May Day. Shortly I will be finding the nearest maypole and having a lovely dance round it.

Freya said:
Yes it is. May Day. Shortly I will be finding the nearest maypole and having a lovely dance round it.

i just had a flash back to the men without hats video, safety dance.
happy may day.

jenngorham said:
aaaaah monday. isn't it a holiday in the uk? it says so on my calendar. lucky bastards. i am going to do housewifely activities and then go transplant the rest of the tulip bulbs.

It is indeed a holiday however my company is "365 days a year" blah blah blah.....

At least they let us work 8am - 4pm instead of 10am - 6pm

jenngorham said:

We have the lowest amount of bank holidays in Europe. Only 8. Italy (i think) has 14 :(

Porthos said:
It is indeed a holiday however my company is "365 days a year" blah blah blah.....

At least they let us work 8am - 4pm instead of 10am - 6pm
Phil had to work a 6am - 4pm :rolleyes: I've spent the day lazing around - I love Bank Holidays - time off work and getting paid for it, not bad :D

Ugh, a rough day with Dad, but my evening is looking up. A couple of loads of laundry, make pizza for my hoodlums and drink a coupla beers then off to bed!

A four day weekend coming up! YAY!

Paper due at Uni on Monday, one paragraph written. Boo.

Back