• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's It Like By You Today?

Snow? It's been a odd spring.

It's cooled off a bit here, temps tonight will drop into the low 40s.
Odd is def the word for this Spring. Cold front is here and by morning they're saying sleet, and snow by noon. Maybe those poor Scissortails and Barn Swallows can move back by August...(they're already two weeks late:()

Yikes, abc...sleet!?
Well, it's been up and down here, but not as drastically. Had the a/c going till day before yesterday, then switched to the heater. Today didn't need anything really, sunny and cool.

Yikes, abc...sleet!?
Well, it's been up and down here, but not as drastically. Had the a/c going till day before yesterday, then switched to the heater. Today didn't need anything really, sunny and cool.
At least they dropped the talk about 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow. Ain't nobody got time for that!

As my mother used to say, "it is colder than a Siberian well-digger's butt." I think the sleet/snow/rain has let up, but the wind is still nasty and I'm bundled up in the living room. I probably have to make a shopping run into Wichita later, but I'd rather be shot..on the bright side, it is supposed to be up to 72 and sunny by Saturday.

I have to mark this one on my calendar because the weather guessers got it right for a change. The sun is coming through the clouds and it's starting to warm up outside. We might actually see the warm afternoon promised.

I much rather have the Scissortails than the cicadas we're due to get shortly.
I just love those goofy scissortails..they're not the flashiest bird out there, but they're so graceful when they fly. And they're much more reliable as a weatherman than that stupid rodent..

I just love those goofy scissortails..they're not the flashiest bird out there, but they're so graceful when they fly. And they're much more reliable as a weatherman than that stupid rodent..

Yeah, that little furry little guy has a pretty bad track record. Scissortails are much more pleasant to watch, too.

Yeah, that little furry little guy has a pretty bad track record. Scissortails are much more pleasant to watch, too.

Barn Swallows are fun too. They're quirky birds, that will scold if one sits too long on the porch where they have their nest. I've also seen then swoop low over the heads of the kids playing in the front yard..yeah, who needs tv?

Socked in black clouds, rainy, tornado watch till this afternoon. Generally scuzzy. Mild temps, 71F right now.

Back