• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When And Where Do You Read?

Well, looks like my reading behavior is pretty average.
I mostly read before I go to sleep and on the weekends. Those are usually the times when I finally find some time to just relax and grab a book.
I really envy the ones who can read at work. However, for most of us, that would not be a smart move.
And reading while in the tub, I don't know, it just seems too much of a hassle, trying to keep your book dry.

I usually read curled up on the sofa and usually at the weekend (can't seem to find any time on a weekday). I read in the bath too, it's my downtime (and sometimes I even get away with having a bath without my daughter barging in for a natter :rolleyes: )

In a couple of weeks though, I'll be sitting by a pool or on the beach with some really good books and an ice cold, long cocktail at my side, ahh bliss :) )

i can't read in a moving car, but i can and do read on the bus on the way to work. the commute is 45 mins each way and the bus is super comfy. i sometimes read at home, but i dont like to because i read my books too fast and wind up spending too much money on them. i need to draw them out a bit. i also cant read before bed because it keeps me up all night - i never want to turn out the light! and not in the bath either, it's too hot and uncomfortable, and then you get the pages wet or something. it just doesnt work for me. i read beside the pool or when i go to the beach.

In a couple of weeks though, I'll be sitting by a pool or on the beach with some really good books and an ice cold, long cocktail at my side, ahh bliss
Amen to that, sister!

In two weeks time I'll be doing my reading lounging on a beach-chair, holding a cocktail, getting a tan (read: severe sunburn) on a beach in bloody Greece!!

How lucky am I?

Cheers, Martin :cool:

In two weeks time I'll be doing my reading lounging on a beach-chair, holding a cocktail, getting a tan (read: severe sunburn) on a beach in bloody Greece!!

IBIZA for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Yep! It's taken us a year to save for it (kept writing cars off and having motorbikes stolen and garages rammed (well one of each) - so the money went down a bit :eek:

But it's finally here :D :D :D

Hang on, it's their anniversary and they're paying for you to go away?

On the other hand, I suppose a break from you would be a good prezzie :D

I read while waiting for class, at work (if there is extra time), while in the bath, while eating (if Don isn't home), while waiting around at other places...pretty much everywhere but vehicles. You're lucky you can read on the bus, Jenna, I can only do that for very short distances around town, or I get ill.

I do almost all my reading in the bus. It's either reading or falling asleep.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Martin said:

Does that mean you'll srart an "off on holiday" thread like Phil did? :D

GOODY GOODY GOODY

RaVeN

I will. I've got it marked on my calendar.

I'll be happy to start one for you after you leave if you like.

RaVeN

Dirt? Maybe not. Body lice....hmmmm?

And get that damn dog of yours to stop hovering over my avatar like that. It's making me nervous.

RaVeN

Back