• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

In the depths of << la Mer de Glace >> , that is, going down through a Moulin ( glacier mill ) , a vertical tunnel of blue ice , way to the unknown ... Now, I'm exploring the bowels of this glacier- as H.B de Saussure , Louis Agassiz & Joseph Vallot already did in the past- although this time my partners are Jean-Marc Boivin and Janot Lamberton .

In the Soviet Union, remembering what it was like to be a 17-year-old girl volunteering to kill fascists in WWII.

Also in the Moominvalley. Is it still Moominvalley if the Moomins aren't actually in it?

I just met a young teacher to whom I have a natural attraction.

-and-

Meeting with Deacon Leo to decide how best to deal with Attila the Hun and his demands.

In Trieste, learning Finnish. Because when the entire language centre in your brain has been shut down, why not learn Finnish?

In Afghanistan trying to set up a meeting with a Mullah who has apparently opted out of the warring Taliban.

I'm in ancient Rome, trying to find out who the severed hand I found in a fountain belonged to. Official channels aren't being helpful.

Back