• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

Sicily. In some semi-ruined castle that has one rather fancy side with lots of pretty rooms and whatnot and the other side appears to be deserted but there's this strange light shining at night and there's lots of rusty keys and doors that won't open. O and fainting women too.

In the glorious islamic state of Grenada. Well, I don't know that yet, since I was just born. And since it's 1489 and the reconquista is in full swing, I'm pretty sure I won't get to enjoy it for long.

In the glorious islamic state of Grenada. Well, I don't know that yet, since I was just born. And since it's 1489 and the reconquista is in full swing, I'm pretty sure I won't get to enjoy it for long.

:) I really hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

In Ireland with to some weird policemen obsessed with bycicles, and reading a book by guy who believe that the night does not result from the absence of the sun but from some dark smoke...

Flann O'Brien-The third policeman

Another kid just saw my friends footprint which shows her sixth toe....

The Chrysalids-John Wyndham

I wake up in the back of a plane,my front teeth have been knocked out,my nose is broken,i have a hole in my cheek and i'm covered in puke,blood and esle.
I can't recall much.

A million little pieces -James Frey

Travelling through 19th century Sweden, trying to figure out this peculiar girl who seems to like me but insists on being treated as... I dunno, an equal or something. Almost like she doesn't want to be just someone's wife and servant. Huh. She's even planning a career of her own. Weird.

In Australia,with the first settlement learning the language of the Aborigene with a young girl.
The lieutenant -Kate Grenville.

Vilna Ghetto, WWII. A chess match is being played between the German commander and one of the prisoners, at stake are the lives of the children of the camp...

On a planet where women are in power, and men are treated like cattle for show and breeding purposes.

The Matter of Seggri, a short story by Ursula Le Guin

On a planet where women are in power, and men are treated like cattle for show and breeding purposes.

Sound like a good description of my home.

Watching women gladiators fighting a particularly vicious breed of sharks while drinking vintage brandy.

Scott Lynch-Gentleman bastard-The lies of locke Lamora

I just ran away from my 100th birthday party, stole a bunch of money off a Hell's Angels wannabe, and am currently on the run from both the cops, the crooks, and the people at the old folks' home.

In fort Bastiani,the border with the desert, i had great hope in this new affectation but somehow something seem terribly wrong with this place.

Dino Buzzati-Tartar Steppes

Back