• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which magazines do you read?

I read FHM magazine UK edition and Maxim. These magazines really motivate me to read when in fact I hate reading books or crappy love poems.

Didn't offend me. I just found it amusing.

I was forced to read books, you know, text books from college. Am not referring to any books here other than those textbooks. Those mags keeps me entertained anyhow. By the way, I've read the article from class before about the Theory of Evolution of Charles Darwin. That humans evolved from apes. How come you said Darwin never stated it?

I was forced to read books, you know, text books from college. Am not referring to any books here other than those textbooks. Those mags keeps me entertained anyhow. By the way, I've read the article from class before about the Theory of Evolution of Charles Darwin. That humans evolved from apes. How come you said Darwin never stated it?

Sparkchaser already explained that. The theory proposes that humans and apes share a common ancestor. Although I don't think there is anything wrong with saying we evolved from apes. Taxonomically we are apes. So it makes sense that our common ancestors were apes as well.

And to stay on topic, I read Scientific American, Skeptic, and Skeptical Inquirer. I'm looking for some good literature journals to start reading.

I love Q magazine--unfortunately, it's expensive to get here. I also just found out that the issue that I want to buy is only available to subscribers

I also read "Smithsonian", "National Geographic", and I love, love, love "Mental Floss".

Bleumana, I had never heard of "Mental Floss" so your post caused me to browse their website. I found their website interesting so I recently bought a magazine and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you kindly, for the magazine recommendation! :flowers:

I subscribe to Barron's weekly magazine, more of a tabloid actually. They sent me an offer to subscribe for one year at a price of only $50. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I have in the past subscribed to Flex, a bodybuilding magazine, Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities and a few others over the years that I've forgotten. I used to pick up various news magazines at the newsstand from time to time, but not so much anymore. I've heard that US News/World report is now a monthly, Newsweek is stopping publication all together, and Time is on the ropes. Anybody here subscribing to them? Are they really toast now?

I had an offer for subscribing to Fortune magazine laying around here somewhere, I can't find it. I'm sure I'll get another one soon.

Regular reads for me:

Bitch
$pread
Gothic Beauty
Ms.
Rue Morgue
Fangoria
Bust
Tattoo Savage
Wizard
Smithsonian
The Atlantic