• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which magazines do you read?

the only magazine i read is Rolling Stone. i bought a copy of AMP when i came across it in borders, but i don't like that i haven't heard of most of the bands.

I love Newtype...to bad the subcription is a killer! plus Filmfare which is a Bollywood magazine...all the actors and all the gossip! lol

WoundedThorns said:
the only magazine i read is Rolling Stone. i bought a copy of AMP when i came across it in borders, but i don't like that i haven't heard of most of the bands.

Rolling Stone isn't bad. We got a subscription after finding out that we can get 20 copies for something like $14.00. The wife was very impressed. I like some of the rock articles, and it has enough political stuff to keep my interest.

My sister gives me Southern Living as a birthday gift every year. I also get one magazine that has delicious dessert recipies & how to lose weight articles :rolleyes: so I donate them. Read my mother-in-laws gossip mags. I almost ordered the Alfred Hitchcock mag but I'd rather see one first to see if I'd like it.

I am a dedicated reader of the New Yorker. Otherwise I read different articles with no set preferences. Foreign Magazines are quite entertaining, especially posh high class bristish magazines that sell here in new york for $15.

I don't read many magazines, but I do like to browse through Time and Discover, and I sometimes enjoy Seventeen for their real life stories. Oh, and I admit it...I love Seventeen's embarrassing moments section. :p

TransWorld Snowboarding
Motocross Action
Sierra Heritage
Sunset
Gourmet
Photography Monthly
anything that my co-wokers abandon in the lunchroom

...I'm a magazine junkie :)

For the time being I'm reading:
-Scientific American
-National Geographic
-IEEE Spectrum
-Foreign Affairs
Plus from time to time I would grab a TIME magazine...

Samerron said:
For the time being I'm reading:
-Scientific American
-National Geographic
-IEEE Spectrum
-Foreign Affairs
Plus from time to time I would grab a TIME magazine...

FA is a great publication. I prefer to read it section by section. I'm amazed that some local places carry it. Very unusual for academic journals to be widely accessible in most chain bookstores and places like that.

I don't really like reading magazines... though I will pick up ones like seventeen or others like that (for teens and adults) and whatnot if I see one laying around, just to read interviews - especially if they are with celebrities I like - or real-life stories. Hah... when I was a kid I read Disney Adventures like nobody's business - even had a subscription! I still have them laying around somewhere.

I read many! Mostly video game and news mags. And mens mags. I also like cavallino magazine (ferrari) history.

FA is a great publication. I prefer to read it section by section. I'm amazed that some local places carry it. Very unusual for academic journals to be widely accessible in most chain bookstores and places like that.

Foreign Affairs is available in the university bookstore. It's good, but it shows you how the US looks at certain issue, hence I find it looking in one direction only.

Last week I got a magazine called the middle east, which I guess the best english magazine that deals with Middle Eastern issues in a detailed and professional analytical way. Anyone reads it?

FATE and MYSTERIES

My favorite magazines are Fate and Mysteries. If there's something weird, odd, or in any way just damn strange :eek: going on I want to know about it.:)

I've written several feature articles for Fate Magazine. Nothing for Mysteries Magazine yet but I'll probably be submitting something to them soon.

Magzines I read regularly

The Nation, Atlantic Monthly, Consumer Reports, The New York, New York Times Sunday Magazine, stuff at the dentist's office

Back