• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is your favorite author?

Favorite Mystery Author

:confused:Let me see, I love Elizabeth Peters, Margaret Langstaff, Anne Duncan, and my all time favorite Elizabeth George. I recently began reading Margaret Langstaff, so far my opinion is wonderful author. Witty, and sharp with lots of unexpected twists and turns. i still love the old girls the best though.

R.K. Narayan, a great writer cum humorist cum satirist cum entertainer. He usually sets his novels in Pre Independence India in a fictional town Malgudi, supposedly located in South India. I have read four of his novels:

1 Swami and Friends
2 Vendor of Sweets
3 The English Teacher
4 The Bachelor of Arts

He is an expert in presenting perfectly real life stories with a creative twist. Absolutely love his books.

im taking a poll and would like to ask who your faverite crime thrillers and mystery writers are!!:D :cool:

James Lee Burke is not only my favorite crime thriller/mystery author, but he's my favorite author in any genre, or all-time. Period. I also am of the belief that he is arguably our country's finest living writer.

James Lee Burke is not only my favorite crime thriller/mystery author, but he's my favorite author in any genre, or all-time. Period. I also am of the belief that he is arguably our country's finest living writer.

I've only read perhaps half of the Dave Robicheaux series. They are so very intense, it's difficult to take more than two in a row at the time. His prose is beautiful. I don't think I've seen a more beautiful description of the Gulf before as is in Heaven's Prisoners.
I think In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead is the last one I've read. Have to get back to the series. :)

Favourite Authors

This changes as often as my mood, but at the moment it's Stuart MacBride, Ian Rankin and Mark Billingham. I cut my crime fiction teeth on Ed McBain many years ago, and still have a soft spot for Bert Kling :) Of course Agatha Christie is wonderful, also. LOL The list could go on and on and...

Michael Connelly is really moved up in my favorites authors category. His Harry Bosch series has been exceptional so far (haven't read them all).
I like Greg Iles, Stephen Hunter, and David Baldacci as well.

I recently read a book by a new author, Taylor Lime, that I enjoyed. The book was an ebook I got on my Kindle. It was called the Church on Foster Drive.

Back