• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Would you participate in this book group?

Would you participate in this book group?

• Total voters
Yes, each "round" will get you a new partner.

I'd like to get is started by the middle of August.

Litany's Shamelessly Stolen Genre Swap Group

Cool

Middle of Aug sounds good,by the time we get paired and choose the book it should be September.

I like this name,it suits the thief and the crime.:lol:

I met Mrs Wollmeise on Friday. There was a whole wall of the stuff. Six month's worth of dyeing apparently.

Oh oh, am I too late to join the party? I'll read just about anything except books about time management. Are we supposed to say what kind of books we usually read now, or do we bare our souls at a later date?

Oh oh, am I too late to join the party? I'll read just about anything except books about time management. Are we supposed to say what kind of books we usually read now, or do we bare our souls at a later date?

Hey, we generally subscribe to the Now AND Later School of Soul Baring. Welcome to Book and Reader!:flowers:

Hey, we generally subscribe to the Now AND Later School of Soul Baring. Welcome to Book and Reader!:flowers:

Thanks for the flowers! I liked McCullough's 1776.

Soul Baring Time: I read a lot of classic and modern lit, mysteries, nonfiction, criticism, and poetry.

I'm not interested in exploring popular fiction (Danielle Steele, Dan Brown, James Patterson).

I'd be lost in the wilderness if I wandered into the fantasy and sci fi sections of a bookstore. :blink: In those genres, I've read Philip K. Dick (love the man) and China Mieville (liked him, too). That's about it. I'd LOVE recommendations.

My soul is getting cold, and I need to cover up now. :blush:

You know what, I change my mind, I have been meaning to read some books of a few diff genres anyway... so long as there's no set time limit I should be ok.

You know what, I change my mind, I have been meaning to read some books of a few diff genres anyway... so long as there's no set time limit I should be ok.

You both have PMs.

Aww, I can't join in. I'll be reading two books every week for uni starting in September. One is early 20th century American or British lit and the other medieval classics like "Roman de la Rose" and "Decamerone". Don't think anybody would read those in a voluntary sort of way anyhow.

Aww, I can't join in. I'll be reading two books every week for uni starting in September. One is early 20th century American or British lit and the other medieval classics like "Roman de la Rose" and "Decamerone". Don't think anybody would read those in a voluntary sort of way anyhow.

You never know. Do you have your reading list yet? How do you know there isn't at least one title on someone's Bucket List? You know us, we're all a bunch of book geeks anyway. That's just how we roll:lol:

OK...there will be more books in the modernist literature section and I don't know what I've to read for Old English lit yet. But I do have the full list for medieval classics.

Anglo-American Modernism
  • Modernism Rainey, Lawrence (anthology)
  • A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man James Joyce
  • A Passage to India E.M. Forster
  • To the Lighthouse Virginia Woolf
  • The Sound And The Fury Faulkner, William
  • Good Soldier Ford, Ford Madox
  • The Wings of the Dove Henry James

Medieval Classics
  • Beowulf Heaney, Seamus
  • Two Lives of Charlemagne Notker The Stammerer; Einhard
  • The Saga of the Volsungs Jesse L Byock
  • Tristan with the Surviving Fragments of the Tristran of Thomas Gottfried Strassburg
  • Reinaert de Vos R. van Daele (Reynard cycle)
  • Arthurian Romances Chretien, de Troyes/ Owen, D. D. R.
  • Parzival Wolfram Eschenbach
  • Middelnederlandse tekstedities, Het leven van de heilige bisschop Sint Ludger (The life of the holy bishop Saint Ludger)
  • Romance Of The Rose Meun, Jean De; Lorris, Guillaume De
  • Divine Comedy; Inferno Dante Alighieri
  • The Decameron Giovanni Boccaccio
  • The Canterbury Tales Geoffrey Chaucer

OK...there will be more books in the modernist literature section and I don't know what I've to read for Old English lit yet. But I do have the full list for medieval classics.

Anglo-American Modernism
  • Modernism Rainey, Lawrence (anthology)
  • A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man James Joyce
  • A Passage to India E.M. Forster
  • To the Lighthouse Virginia Woolf
  • The Sound And The Fury Faulkner, William
  • Good Soldier Ford, Ford Madox
  • The Wings of the Dove Henry James

Medieval Classics
  • Beowulf Heaney, Seamus
  • Two Lives of Charlemagne Notker The Stammerer; Einhard
  • The Saga of the Volsungs Jesse L Byock
  • Tristan with the Surviving Fragments of the Tristran of Thomas Gottfried Strassburg
  • Reinaert de Vos R. van Daele (Reynard cycle)
  • Arthurian Romances Chretien, de Troyes/ Owen, D. D. R.
  • Parzival Wolfram Eschenbach
  • Middelnederlandse tekstedities, Het leven van de heilige bisschop Sint Ludger (The life of the holy bishop Saint Ludger)
  • Romance Of The Rose Meun, Jean De; Lorris, Guillaume De
  • Divine Comedy; Inferno Dante Alighieri
  • The Decameron Giovanni Boccaccio
  • The Canterbury Tales Geoffrey Chaucer

I have a copy of Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man waiting in the wings, and I might be interested in Passage to India and The Sound and the Fury. Pontalba assures me Faulkner is worth the effort.

Back