• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You know you're addicted to reading when...

CDA said:
Oh, oh I see. Well, of course, I'd never actually do anything like that. Not any more.

Glad to hear it:cool: Ask my kids how many times I've threatened to throw them all out into the snow..in the summer!

abecedarian said:
We're probably the only people on earth who actually read the instructions on anything!

Is that like, when all else fails, read the instructions? :D Because usually 'the instructions' read like a lawyers brief.............confusalatin'!

pontalba said:
Is that like, when all else fails, read the instructions? :D Because usually 'the instructions' read like a lawyers brief.............confusalatin'!

One year we bought our kids one of those build-it-yourself Log Cabin Dollhouses. My husband has built two homes for us, so he has better than average construction skills and he's a wiz at reading..The instructions were supposed to be "easy to follow." Maybe an M.I.T. grad would have thought so, but not this boy..the stupid cabin never got completely done, which is just as well, since the daughters who received it never were into dolls that much anyway.

pontalba said:

I guess we've acquired a new word for our vocabularies? :D

StillILearn said:
When you see a perfect stranger reading a book in a public place, and you make a fool out of yourself trying to see what it is. :eek:

(I just know that I'm going to get myself arrested someday.)

:rolleyes:

i aaaalways do that in school

StillILearn said:
A true reader will read anything in lieu of reading nothing. :D

True, imagine a guy stuck in a room with nothing but magazines about cooking and house cleaning aimed at middle age women.:eek: I do however, have a killer chocolate cake recipe as a result.:D

Yep, I've read Arthritis Today rather than reading nothing when I was stuck in a similar situation (I'm 23 and my joints feel fine) :D

The other characteristics (especially making sure books can fit into the purse!) are definitely familiar.

i dont know if this fits in this conversation but i know i must not be the only book lover who will spend a long time deciding which copy of the book to buy. that is, i look to see which copy has sharper edges and as little scratches as possible.:D i also wont buy a book if its not the best version ive seen. for example, i wanted to buy dracula but they didnt have the slick black and red hardcover edition i wanted. i know that its only the inside of a book that matters, but i love owning nice looking books as well.;)

You people are strange.

And I fit right in!!!! I have a paperback tucked into the door pocket in my van, "just in case".

so, i finally moved back to mexico, so i sent a lot of stuff by mail, among it 80 books that i "need" to keep (and must have leave 100+) :rolleyes:

Ahhhh, 140 pages read new years night. A nice, great evening with the kids retired for the evening.;) :)

SFG75 said:
Ahhhh, 140 pages read new years night. A nice, great evening with the kids retired for the evening.;) :)

Hubby and I read New Years Eve too. And New Years Day..after church, we read the paper, then dh got the Model T out and dusted it off and gave us all rides in it. We had to take turns of course, but it was great. Then I played a round of the Narnia board game with the boys, while hubby read in his chair. Then we went to our room where it was quieter and we both read for an hour or two before bed. Perfect day.

most of these are familiar. i read at any time it is prossible to read, i carry a book everywhere..if i see somenoe reading a book i try to find out what it is.

i won't see the movie unless i've read the book

i don't stop reading a book i've started

i joined my schol book club
i have too many books i wanna read

i read 3 books at a time to get more of them done

i go to bed at 2 in the morning-i was up finishing a book(yeah, i did that the past two nights...yawn)

i get depressed because the book is over, or the next book in the series isn't out yet

i get mad at my friends when they see the movie and dont' watct the book.

my loclal book/media store clerks know me

i have bought about 20 books in 2 months..

this one's true too:

If your first response to being asked about any movie is: "No, I haven't seen it, but I've read the book."

When you bring 4 novels on a 6 day backpacking trip which all have to be carried on your back.

When someone tells you of a new bookshelf they just baught and you must know all the details of the shelf. (metal/wood, colour, size)

Lani

When you agree to do something something you hate because you were lost in your book and never heard the question. Then I started to answer mmm all the time. It makes life so much easier.

Back