• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You know you're addicted to reading when...

clueless said:
When you agree to do something something you hate because you were lost in your book and never heard the question. Then I started to answer mmm all the time. It makes life so much easier.

Don't try this at my house! Since "mmmm" is neither "yes, no, or over my dead body," my kids would take that as whatever answer they were looking for and later argue to the death that "you said it was ok!" :rolleyes:

It doesn't work with kids but it does with my husband and it's still better than answering yes or no to a question that starts with when. At least I don't get the 'You weren't listening' moan:D

You know you're addicted to reading when..

You abandon any notion of a wife and children in favour of books.

CDA said:

Well, since I've never craved a wife, I can't say that one has been an issue;)
But, I chose a husband who is a reader. Once in awhile I do something right:D Together we've managed to raise a pack of kids who love books too so it can be done...

CDA said:
Is this a euphemism? As in, although his screen image was of an all-action mans man; in secret Tom Cruise was “addicted to reading”.

I think we should be told…

Kenny Shovel said:
Is this a euphemism? As in, although his screen image was of an all-action mans man; in secret Tom Cruise was “addicted to reading”.

I think we should be told…

But in Tom's case, would you consider comic books real books? Just wondering..:D

Luckily I don't have a library limit to max out at the university library, but at the public library I'm often in danger of going over my limit

When you see a perfect stranger reading a book in a public place, and you make a fool out of yourself trying to see what it is. :eek:

(I just know that I'm going to get myself arrested someday.)

:rolleyes:

I am so glad I'm not the only person who does that. It's about the only interest I take in most people. I don't like people asking me about books so I try not to ask them either. I don't ask about plots anyway, that's what amazon.com is for.

Luckily I don't have a library limit to max out at the university library, but at the public library I'm often in danger of going over my limit

Our public library has no limit. :) Which is good. I love it. I can check out almost ANY book in Michigan from my computer and have it sent to my library. :D Best Thing Ever.

you buy more books than you can possibly ever read and when you have to stop yourself to go inside a bookstore and you bring a book to a movie theatre and aren't disuaded by the lack of available reading light to read.

When someone tells you that they enjoy watching television, and on inexplicable primal instinct you tackle them to the ground and begin to bludgeon them to death with a hardcover copy of The Stand.

In the process of this your bookmark falls out, and of course you have no choice but to indulge in your anger and kick them while they're down.

It's happend more than once. My advice? Wear a mask.

When someone tells you that they enjoy watching television, and on inexplicable primal instinct you tackle them to the ground and begin to bludgeon them to death with a hardcover copy of The Stand.

In the process of this your bookmark falls out, and of course you have no choice but to indulge in your anger and kick them while they're down.

It's happend more than once. My advice? Wear a mask.

LOL-You rock Seven. As a matter of fact, I think the book bludgeoning scene is the opening to King's newest book due out soon.:D

Back