• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You know you're addicted to reading when...

When you realize that when you come back home from your day, you lie down and grab a book rather than holding the TV remote.

You know you're addicted to reading when you listen to three different podcasts. About a series...

You also know you're addicted to reading when you're highly anticipated book comes in the mail and you nearly kill the delivery guy getting it from him sp that you can read it. NAO. :)

You also know you're addicted to reading when you're highly anticipated book comes in the mail and you nearly kill the delivery guy getting it from him sp that you can read it. NAO. :)
I feel sorry for the delivery guy when he brings the new Harry Potter book to my house. ;)

When your library stack begins to resemble your personal bookshelf. "I didn't know I had that." Or if you've read every book that comes up in conversation.

you know your addicted to books when you bring your book up to the bathtub, and then lean over the edge to that it wont get wet. uncomfortable position...hehe...lol:p as for crushed on fictional characters im still in love with boromir :p my friends have dubbed me as a lost cause. oh and when your in a furniture/interior decorating store with your mom...and all you look at are the books they use to decorate coffee tables and bookshelves...and then you squeal "OOO i have this one!"

when the first thing you do upon visiting someone's house for the first time is walk straight to their bookshelf.

you know... just to see what they have... and if you approve.

"If your first response to being asked about any movie is: 'No, I haven't seen it, but I've read the book.'"

That is so true....it's really bad when you're sitting through the movie telling the person next to you all of the things that were different in the book :)

when the first thing you do upon visiting someone's house for the first time is walk straight to their bookshelf.

you know... just to see what they have... and if you approve.

Honestly, it's an quick way to determine what common interests I have with the new person..makes conversation easier..It also gives me a good idea if I need to cut the conversation short and get outta there while I can:p

Ah the textbook

Why skip class? I read a lot during some classes in high school..and once in a while, I even read the textbook

I've read my English textbook 2 times-ish because it was occasionally boring in study hall after I finished a book. I recommend sherlock holmes and the red-headed league. It even had it's own bookmark.

"If your first response to being asked about any movie is: 'No, I haven't seen it, but I've read the book.'"

That is so true....it's really bad when you're sitting through the movie telling the person next to you all of the things that were different in the book :)

I do that. Annoys my friends who go to movies with me no end.

Somewhat related to that-I find it annoying to read the book after seeing the movie. Hate it when that happens.

The positive side to this is that I find it fun to think about how I would have done the movie to make it better. In the case of The Princess Diaries, the book and the movie were do different it was like two different storylines, so it really didn't matter.

You end up having to work into your budget your library fines because you missed five books and now owe the library your first born child but not borrowing isn't an option.

Back