• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You know you're addicted to reading when...

When "something comes up" and you have guests or an obligation to go to. You then become annoyed and slightly testy the entire evening as your reading time has been infringed upon.:D

hahah can so relate!!

When you search "great books" or "must read books" on YouTube so you can watch people show their books, list some good ones or just talk about them....I'm SSsssUUUuuUUCHH a dork!:p

If this be dork-dom...let us make the most of it:D

Well, if you watch booknotes on C-SPAN, then I will submit to anyone the title of King Nerd and hand over the pocket protector and roll of tape for the middle part of your glasses.:D

When you search "great books" or "must read books" on YouTube so you can watch people show their books, list some good ones or just talk about them....I'm SSsssUUUuuUUCHH a dork!:p
I never even thought of doing that on YouTube, but since I've grown tired of looking up AMVs... ;)

When you photocopy 20+ pages of a book just so you could discretely read during a very boring math class. (It looks like I'm reading a class handout when really it's just Animal Farm). :D :D :D :D :D

I only agree if you are doing that in geometry, absolutely horrid subject IMHO. I love algebra though. Nothing like matrices and distributive property and simplifying. Now if you read during that time, then I hope you get caught and get detention.:D

it was during a statistics class..."we" were learning about independent variables and how to win $300 in a roulette wheel...or something like that.;)

You go to the pub with friends and spend the first ten minutes looking at the books lining the shelves. Luckily my friends have gotten used to it and don't mind me ignoring them for a bit!

You don't mind eating dinner alone in a restaurant as long as you have a book.

You rather like it when your friends are late so you can keep reading while waiting for them.

When you see a perfect stranger reading a book in a public place, and you make a fool out of yourself trying to see what it is. :eek:

(I just know that I'm going to get myself arrested someday.)

:rolleyes:

I actually remembered this post today, as I was in the subway and saw a man with a book in his hand... and when I saw that it was "The tommyknockers", by King, I just felt an urge to run and tell him not to waste his time... :rolleyes:

Dharma

I actually remembered this post today, as I was in the subway and saw a man with a book in his hand... and when I saw that it was "The tommyknockers", by King, I just felt an urge to run and tell him not to waste his time... :rolleyes:

Dharma

I know - it's hard for me to get it thorugh my head that not everybody wants to discuss what it is they're reading. :eek:

Dharma

Have you met eyez or seven? Don't, they are huge King fans, they'll defend him to the hilt. Just to warn ya.;)

Pft, my favorite author is myself, cause I'm just so awesome'n'stuff.

Anyhow, holy Cripes and be'Jeezus I can relate to what the last few posts said. When I'm in public and I see a person reading a book I do everything in my power to see what it is they hold in their hands. I'll crane my neck, walk in circles (testing the angles and what not), stalk them from yards behind and stare at the binding held between their palm and waist.

Grrrr...

Why is it the book always seems to just out of the damn proper angle?

Have you met eyez or seven? Don't, they are huge King fans, they'll defend him to the hilt. Just to warn ya.;)

Actually, I'm also a big fan of King... apart from "The Tommyknockers", which I thought was waaaay too long. :(

Dharma

When you resort to using a candle for light to finish your book when you should be sleeping...hehe...:p As for trying to see what people read, I do that all the time...And you know when your in decorating stores or furniture stores, and the sales person is trying to get you to buy this expencive couch and you just nod, trying to look like your paying attention, when really, your staring at the couple books that are on the night-table and wondering if they are for sale...:p

Thank you, guys! I really thought I was the only person who paid attention to those "books" on decorating/furniture stores... You've made my day! :D

Dharma

Back