• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ask Me Anything ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin said:
I think he knows that, considering the ;)

Cheers, Martin

:eek: Double arg! No, I didn't know that. I'll consider this an abject lesson on why one should never flippantly submit posts without doing some research first. Apologies all round :eek:

Worse still, how will I ever be able to impress anyone with that pointless fact? I can picture myself standing up at a party; "Hey everyone, did you know that a duck's quack has an echo? Oh, you did? Well then did you know that their feathers have excellent water repellency and insulating properties? Damn! Ok, this will stun you all; if you take all of a duck's feathers and tape them to the end of a long stick you can remove the dust from hard to reach places, such as high shelves and the like! Right, I'm going home now. This is a rubbish party anyway."

----------------------------------------

:eek: Now I'm off to sit in a corner with my head in my hands. I might even rock myself back and forth, back and forth, back and................ :eek:

warm_enema said:
Damn, I should always go back a page. For my incompetence, I will offer to spank myself.

If I had an exact quote I could do it myself. You're supposed to use your boredom-driven-super-sleuth-powers to find it.
spanking warm_enema.... using a wooden board. :cool:

Mile-O-Phile is no longer a member :p

But I looked for an answer, I honestly did, but I could not find it.

Cheers, Martin

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Halo:

Why, when looking at a map, is the place you are looking for nearly always on the fold or the edge of the page?

awww.oldmap.co.uk_old_map_warwikshire_.jpg

Because life's a bitch.

Mr. Michel:

There is something you can put in your upper lip when chopping onions to avoid the tears, but cant remember what, any idea?

awww.hort.purdue.edu_ext_onion.jpg

• Peel onions under water to avoid crying.
  • Refrigerate onions before cutting to avoid crying.
  • Cut the onion from the top, instead from the root end, to avoid crying.
Ice:

How do they create the 'Magic Eye' images?

tents2.gif

With a bit of software.

Idun:

Which are the highest mountains on each continent?

aimg32.imageshack.us_img32_9173_everest.th.jpg
(Click to enlarge)

• North America: Denali (or Mt. McKinley as many people say) - 6.194 m.
  • South America: The Aconcagua - 6.959 m.
  • Europe: The Elbrus - 5.642 m.
  • Asia: Mount Everest - 8.850 m. (Highest in the world.)
  • Africa: Mount Kilimanjaro - 5.895 m.
  • Australia: Kosciusko - 2.228 m.
  • Antartica: Vinson Massif - 4.897 m.

And that'll be all, folks.

Nothing to see here, movin' on ....

NEXT!!

Cheers, Martin

Question:

Do you think I can take the photo of the moon and stars atnight by my common carmera, not a digital one? Why and why not.

(I don't think i can. but I want to know why.)

Thanks.

& Best wishes,

Forget this question. it is silly. and i guess i figured it out, umm, a little.

and i am waiting for your answer to my another question.

Thanks again. :)

I like the picture, too, but there was a reason I posted it as a thumbnail - it's bloody huge!

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
Halo:

Why, when looking at a map, is the place you are looking for nearly always on the fold or the edge of the page?

Because life's a bitch.

Cheers, Martin

I waited all this time for that? :rolleyes: Martin, I just don't think you're making the effort any more - too busy writing online journals perhaps? :)

Halo, I honestly looked for some kind of research into the question you asked, but I couldn't find a thing.

Besides that, life actually is a bitch.

too busy writing online journals perhaps?
I take it you haven't read the bloody thing, or you wouldn't be saying that.

Cheers, Martin

The secret to a successful blog is to write in the style of a 13 year old girl with a crush on a boy who never looks at her, parents who don't understand her and a big bucket full of angst. You post all your problems, lots of people join in to help you out and before you know it the thing is writing itself.

I'll just try it my way - I'm not interested in attracting a large audience anyway, I'm in it for the fun. I like to write, so I write.

But thanks for the advice - I'll keep it in mind.

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
I'll just try it my way - I'm not interested in attracting a large audience anyway, I'm in it for the fun. I like to write, so I write.

But thanks for the advice - I'll keep it in mind.

Cheers, Martin
MY QUESTION....is there anything out on the market that really works for cramps....right now i take midol, but i seriously need something stronger, i get real bad, it would help alot if you could find something good for me...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back