• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ask Me Anything ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin said:
Idun:

I feel ignored, Martin!

Why, you didn't ask a question.
I did. I asked: "Is there a nice forum about psychology in the Net."

Check a bit above "I feel ignored" post.

What, you expect me to do anything about it?? Especially when she's shaking her arse in a provocative manner!! I'd rather sit here and watch it shake thanks!! :D

Btw, i have a question!!

Why were there suddenly no more posts from El Saomo when it was pointed out that he and Lahondas had the same IP address?? Strange, no!! :p

Phil

phil_t said:
Why were there suddenly no more posts from El Saomo when it was pointed out that he and Lahondas had the same IP address?? Strange, no!! :p

Phil

I pondered the same thing. LOL

Okay.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Idun:

Is there a nice forum about psychology in the Net.

Look here, here and here.

Phil:

Why were there suddenly no more posts from El Saomo when it was pointed out that he and Lahondas had the same IP address?

Hmm, good point. Lahondas is still here, though.

Warm Enema:

Yeah, Martin, my question goes unanswered as well.

It didn't:

Warm Enema:

Who and Where? The quote goes something like, "A woman can imagine nothing more than her own security."

I'll need an exact quote if you expect me to come up with a decent answer.

NEXT!

Cheers, Martin

Is it worth purchasing the vBulletin licence on an annual basis or a lifetime basis bearing in mind that I do not know whether my potential forum will attract people and/or longevity?

martin i do have read the faq it says how to attach a file, but since in this forums its not allowed to post attachements, i guess i would have to go to the

Damn, I should always go back a page. For my incompetence, I will offer to spank myself.

If I had an exact quote I could do it myself. You're supposed to use your boredom-driven-super-sleuth-powers to find it.

mr_michel said:
martin i do have read the faq it says how to attach a file, but since in this forums its not allowed to post attachements, i guess i would have to go to the which its mentioned but not explained, but my guess its that you have to link images from a website, if this is the case, im using yahoo photo, which doesnt open just the image in a new window, but opens the the image encased in a yahoo html, so its anyway around, or can you recomend another storage site?[/QUOTE]

I can host some images for you if that's what you need. E-mail them to me at [email]klgoldin@yahoo.com[/email] and I'll put them on our server for you. (Please let me know if you do e-mail me, as I don't check that account very often.)

mr_michel said:
martin i do have read the faq it says how to attach a file, but since in this forums its not allowed to post attachements, i guess i would have to go to the which its mentioned but not explained, but my guess its that you have to link images from a website, if this is the case, im using yahoo photo, which doesnt open just the image in a new window, but opens the the image encased in a yahoo html, so its anyway around, or can you recomend another storage site?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have to link to images from a website - you can't add images straight from your computer :)

{Tigress} said:
I can host some images for you if that's what you need. E-mail them to me at klgoldin@yahoo.com and I'll put them on our server for you. (Please let me know if you do e-mail me, as I don't check that account very often.)

ty tig i apreciate that, but i really want to learn to do it by myself ;)

Back to work.

Halo:

Why is bureaucracy referred to as "red tape"?

The term "red tape" originated in England - where for centuries the British government has followed the custom of tying up official papers with red tape. The everlasting tying and untying of the red tape which bound the dispath and document cases led men to pick it as a symbol of useless delay. Therefore, "to cut through the red tape" means to eliminate any delays by tying and untying the red tape and get on with it without any further delay.

RaVeN:

Where did the term black balled originate?

Clueless.

Abulafia:

Is it worth purchasing the vBulletin licence on an annual basis or a lifetime basis bearing in mind that I do not know whether my potential forum will attract people and/or longevity?

Depends on the Mileage you expect to get from the new forums. I can't tell you anything about that, so I'll phile this one under "unanswerable".

Mr. Michel:

How can I attach images to a post?

It's remarkably easy, Mr. Michel. You have an image on your harddrive which you want to post in a message on these boards.
  • Step one - go to ImageShack.
  • Step two - Upload the image there. You can upload an unlimited supply of images on their server.
  • Step three - Paste the image's location (its URL) into the message, bookended by the img-tags (example:[ img ]http://www.theurlofthepicture.com[ /img ]), and voila, your picture is right there.

Time for a nap.

NEXT!

Cheers, Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back