• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 2 going at once, Out of Africa (memoir, so slow pacing, hence 2nd book) and the Finishing School by Gail Godwin. I remember liking a short story of Godwin's once, so found this one for 50 cents and it's good so far.

phil_t said:
Next up - Gawd knows :) Maybe - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime

Phil

I read that book a little while ago and reviewed it for the school paper. Let me see if I can find the review I wrote, it's rather short. Found it:

"In the novel The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, the main character, Christopher, is autistic. After a dog in his neighborhood is murdered, Christopher decides to set about discovering who the perpetrator is. The book is told as if Christopher is writing it. This is one of the great aspects of the novel because it allows the reader to not only see how he interacts with the world, but to understand why he does so. The book is not a case study of autism and that is what makes it good - it allows the reader to see Christopher as an individual. An interesting, compact, and well-written novel, I highly recommend this book to individuals of any age."​

Anyway, that's about it!

Noughts and Crosses

I'm half way through 'Noughts and Crosses' by Malorie Blackman.

It's really good. Won't say anymore...

Oddball_176 :D

struggling to make headway into hardboiled wonderland and the end of the world, took a break with "fup" by jim dodge - love that book, will give haruki another go afterwards, huruki's cool but i wish calvino could have knocked a bit of "concision" and "exactitude" into him!

kskyhappy

that other book that reminded me a little of survivor was "an astrological diary of god" by bo fowler, thinking about it i wouldn't recommend fans of survivor go out and by it, it's not that great just the circumstances were slightly reminiscent.

Still on Sir Apropos of Nothing, but hopefully I'll finish soon with exams over and no internet access at home (for the moment).

Aw, thanks. They finished yesterday, actually. I think I did quite well (close to 100% correct on both).

I certainly miss frequenting the forum...804 new posts since I last visited :eek:

Aurelia

Hi everyone. It's my first post. The latest book i 've read is "Aurelia". Author is Gerard DE Nerval. It's one of the best books i 've read. When he finished this book he killed himshelf the same time. He sends you to his visions and you sympathy him. Great book. ;)

Traitors kiss by Gerald Seymour.

190 pages read so far and really enjoying it. Seymour is back to his best with this. Russian spy for the brits needs extraction. Recently retired MI6 guy returns to get him out. Good stuff

I'm reading Crusade, by Anselm something or other. It's not very good, but I got sucked into a doom filled trilogy. I read the other books ages ago and I can't remember a poxy thing and all these characters from ages back keep popping up and I haven't got a clue who any of them are. I think it probably wouldn't have been very good if I could remember. It's all very confused and rushed and huge chunks of important plot get missed out.

Martin said:
791 of which by Wabbit. :p

Good to hear your exams went okay, chewie! Good for you, you brainiac you!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

That's 791 of pure wabbit-astic quality young man! :p

Regards
SillyWabbit

RaVeN said:
I finished To Kill a Mockingbird a few days ago. There aren't many books that I re-read but that will be one of them.
RaVeN
I luv that book,never get tired of reading it again, and again ,and again, I luv Atticus and his two smart kids :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back