• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, not really my cup of tea.

Now onto Interview with a Vampire - my first dabblings in the world of Vampires. I'm about 100 pages in and enjoying it thus far.

Just starting The Alienist by Caleb Carr.

Saw it mentioned a few times here and thought it sounded interesting. If I can't get into it, then it's back to the library.

Song of Troy. The kind of book that doesn't really mess up your studying schedule (unlike Wolves of the Calla).

VTChEwbecca said:
I've read both the Bonesetter's Daughter & Good Omens...both are excellent, but I'd say Good Omens is the better vacation book.
Bonesetter's Daughter it is, then.

Dropped by the local library the other day (big mistake) and just had to pick up a couple of books. :rolleyes: :
  • Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs
  • Bone Hunter by Sarah Andrews
(One is about a forensic anthropologist, the other a forensic geologist). Both are new authors for me, but Reichs came highly recommended by someone on another forum.

Ell :)

SillyWabbit said:
like Water for Chocolate. By Luara Equivel

Look forward to reading this :)

I remember this book it is a very touching and loving story. I am sure you will enjoy it. :)

Just started Treasure Island. Arrrr. Shiver me timbers. So I should be even more unbearable than usual for the next few days. You scurvy bunch of bilge rats. Arrrrrrr.

Litany said:
Just started Treasure Island. Arrrr. Shiver me timbers. So I should be even more unbearable than usual for the next few days. You scurvy bunch of bilge rats. Arrrrrrr.
What's this? A pirate wench who hasn't read THE pirate story? I'm shocked! ;)

{Tigress} said:
What's this? A pirate wench who hasn't read THE pirate story? I'm shocked! ;)
I saw the Muppet version. Figured that was good enough. Books is all swabs. Arrrrr.

Litany said:

funny i just posted to you in other thread recomending John Long Silver by Bjorn Larsson which its an "auto"biography :p

{Tigress} said:
I'm there! I've heard he's a great cook! :D

No, no, no. That's not what I said. Either you misheard, or it's a typo. I didn't say 'cook' at all. That was a 'c', not an 'o'.

right now i im reading Jose Saramago's new book Ensayo sobre la lucidez, my guess its that its not yet in english. im just in the page 105, its supoused to happen in the same universe than blindness, even the woman from blindness its supouse to be one of the protagonists, (not there yet), at this point hasnt been as gripping as blindness but it promisses. ill let you know

mr_michel said:
right now i im reading Jose Saramago's new book Ensayo sobre la lucidez, my guess its that its not yet in english. im just in the page 105, its supoused to happen in the same universe than blindness, even the woman from blindness its supouse to be one of the protagonists, (not there yet), at this point hasnt been as gripping as blindness but it promisses. ill let you know

I have never heard of this author. Is he in English? What kinda books does he write? What is this Blindness about? :)

Litany said:
No, no, no. That's not what I said. Either you misheard, or it's a typo. I didn't say 'cook' at all. That was a 'c', not an 'o'.

Then I'm certainly going to be there for dinner AND dessert! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back